• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help from the Fiberglass crowd...

I'm going to finish it by placing two strips on the one end there that has masking tape around it. Then I will place filler on it and see how it looks after contouring before I decide on using it. Stay tuned. I'm not doing the second one until I finish this one and decide.

Nice thing with glass is you can shape it anyway you want. Theres no stress points there so any cracking will be next to none . You still have your studs in placing to mount up as well

Nice thing with glass is you can shape it anyway you want. Theres no stress points there so any cracking will be next to none . You still have your studs in placing to mount up as well
Right. The Pot metal shell has all of the original stud mounts that I have tapped for new studs made from bolts that have the head sliced off and a die turned to clean up the end. Much stronger with an actual machine nut than with the old rubber filled acorn nut. Just have to be careful not to over tighten them. I'm checking to make sure that any one surface area doesn't hang out further than another along the mating planes so that more pressure doesn't get put against one section and twists the whole thing. I'm really more concerned with making every modification I've done appear to belong. To not stand out like a sore thumb. Subtlety is the key.

Auto Transport Service
Back