• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie from Southern Indiana

FrnkNsteen

Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just registered for this site and wanted to say hi.

Welcome aboard! It become standard proceedure to inform you that we dig pic's:idea1:Whatchagot??

Thanks for the welcome guys! I tried to get my signature to work, but I can't seem to get it to show up.

I drive a 2010 Plum Crazy Challenger R/T, and have just started restoring a '69 Charger S/E that I've had sitting since high school (about 25 yrs!!). I don't have pictures here at work, but I will post some when I get a chance from home.

welcome to the FBBO forum.

Welcome aboard and what part of Indiana do you live? I probably know some of the Mopar boys (and girls) from your area.

Well, here's a testament to how time flies by....

I originally registered when I made the decision to start redoing my '69 Charger SE in 2011. I was recommended to a "Mopar Guy" who was a body man in my area who agreed to take on my car to go through the body. I can do pretty much anything mechanical, but I am NOT a body guy and I actually want it to look nice.

Well,.... Since then, the original body guy I brought my car to strung me along for over 2 years with the car at his home shop only to bail once it was all torn apart. The next shop repeatedly said they would work it into their schedule until I drove by one day and noticed they were out of business (Blessing in disguise).

I then brought it to a friend up in Minneapolis, MN who has run his own body shop as long as I have known him, and does some impeccable work, where it made some progress over the course of little over a year, mainly fixing the crappy work the first guy did, only to have the building owner, his shop was leased from, decide to sell the building last fall and the new owner cancel his lease and evict him.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: This left me having to make an emergency trip up to Minnesota from here in Indiana to find a new home for the car.

Fortunately, I have family up in northern Minnesota that run a Rod & Custom shop. I called them when I found out I needed someone to take it over and at a minimum, get the body back together and in paint. They agreed to take it on and the car was delivered to them at the end of October to get it under cover and is in their schedule to start by the end of this month.

Moral of the story,... Don't blink or years fly by. If you do need to have work done, make sure to get references, and make sure that their main focus is on our kinds of cars. It has been my experience that collision repair shops focus on collision repair and project cars tend to get put at the bottom of the list.

I will start a restoration thread and start posting pictures as I get them. The attached pictures are from bringing it up to its new home last fall (Rear quarters just screwed in place for travelling).

In the meantime, I have been playing around with the '67 Barracuda I picked up this past summer when I sold my 2010 Challenger.

Dropping Off 1.jpg Dropping Off 2.jpg 0811171412a_HDR.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back