• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

not bad for a 48 year old floor

kellycom

Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
I took all the seats out this week and dropped them off to get re-done. I am getting them customized and not doing stock covers. I'll post before and after pictures when I get them back. I was going to get the whole interior done at one time. But I decided to do it in stages. So I figured while I had the seats out I would pull the carpet and center console. I'll repaint the console while it's out and lay down some Dynamat. I'm also going to put down new carpet on the floor. After pulling the console, carpet, and using a wire brush then vacuuming. I was pleasantly surprised at how great the floor looked.

Question: should i treat the floor with POR15 before I put down the dynamat or just dynamat alone?

IMG_3830.jpgIMG_3831.jpgIMG_3832.jpgIMG_3833.jpgIMG_3834.jpgIMG_3835.jpgIMG_3836.jpg

Those are in excellent condition Joe.
Couldn't hurt to throw a coat of primer or paint on them before you re-cover with carpet.

Thanks ODZKing. They've been painted and I've started laying down some sound deadner. A page out of your book I might add. Thank you for the reply on my PM.

Also check out the teaser picture of my seats.

Jealous of your floors! We dont see them like that up here.
Checked out your seats too, going to be nice!

I was amazed at how good they were. The funny part is the jute on the driver's side was gone. what was left was mostly dust compressed into the groves in the floor. The rust, even surface was minimal on that side. The passenger side jute was completely intact in the front. it had the worst rust. I know the jute will hold moisture. But it was just odd to see it that way.

floor.jpg

I went to do the same thing as you and found my floor rotted out under my accel pedal. My point? I hate you. ;) Looks good otherwise.

Nice, these shots were the floor in my 62 Plymouth when I pulled the carpet up. The orange stuff you see was the fiber from the carpet matting...
SDC10937.jpg

SDC10936.jpg

Stuff is not bad huh? Easy to use, molds nicely to the floor and self stick so it won't slide around.
I was very pleased. Glad it worked out.

Looks great Stumper.

Yep the frostking stuff was great. Thanks ODZKing

Carpet should arrive today. I'll be getting SEM Color Coat for the door panels and interior trim. It's coming along little by little.

Oooo that's purdy!

if it's not too much of a trouble for you, could you snap a shot of what the area looks like behind the rear seats? Thanks!

which of us are you looking for to get a picture of the area behind the rear seats? Me or Stumper?

Here ya go. These are right after I pulled the rear seats out to take them to be recovered.
IMG_3773.jpgIMG_3774.jpgIMG_3775.jpgIMG_3776.jpg

here is what it looks like under the carpet and then under the platform.
IMG_3852.jpgIMG_3854.jpgIMG_3868.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back