• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok body guys...here's the game plan

I am still learning all the time. My friend Lee is an Expert body guy and hes got some tricks I can't beleve. Anybody can paint but its the prep and blocking, hours and hours of blocking. And then you block some more. Its all good, but a hell of a lot of work.

I am still learning all the time. My friend Lee is an Expert body guy and hes got some tricks I can't beleve. Anybody can paint but its the prep and blocking, hours and hours of blocking. And then you block some more. Its all good, but a hell of a lot of work.

Yep thats it block, block, block, block....then block some more, lol.

Jason

****UPDATE**** .....finally...lol

Well like I said, I pretty much have to work late during the summer months, and just sort of 'tired' of the Charger for a while.....but last week I started back up where I left off a few months back.
I started by putting the last coat (finally) of primer. After that I masked off the entire car (except for jambs and trunk) and painted the jambs!!! Its great to see some color!!!!!. A couple of days after painting I masked off the door jambs and painted the inner door (parts that show when door panel is installed) satin black. I was happy with how everything turned out. All I like is wetsanding (probably with 500 grit) and she should be ready to spray.
The color I used is 71/72 FJ6 Go Green/Sassy Grass. I love that color, and I have never seen a 2nd generation Charger painted that color.
Well enough blabbing, here's a few pics,
Jason

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_1869.jpg

DSC_1865.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Alright, I know this is sorta out of sequence, but let me explain.... Since I got the car jambed out, I'm gonna re-install/align the hood and fenders before painting the outside. Now I have installed the hood and took it back off a couple of times during the bodywork/blocking process. I want this to be the LAST time I install/align the hood, so I decided to go ahead and install the engine. I painted the engine a while ago with spray cans, and it has since dulled out and got dirty just sitting in the shop. So yesterday I cleaned up and scuffed up the engine, and re-painted it, this time with some orange acrylic enamel paint (with hardener) I had left over in the shop. Today when I got home I dropped it in place. Man it finally looks like this projects finally gonna come together!!!!!!

Anyways, here's a couple of pics....

Jason

P9070299.jpg

P9070301.jpg

....The day after installing the engine, I took another day off work. I installed the rebuilt 727 (like I said, it will probably still be a while before I get it running, but everythings in place). I installed the fenders and hood and got them aligned. I also installed the grill frame, to get my latches, etc. adjusted (I will have to take it back off to paint it).
Anyways.....a couple of latest pics......Its lookin' like a Charger again!!!

Jason

P9090307.jpg

P9090310.jpg

P9090312.jpg

I tore the front of my "booth" down and unmasked it today, and took a few more pics. I will post some more when I get it outside in daylight.
Like I said I got a few issues to take care of, nothing major, but I think it looks better today than it did last night. Im even more excited about it today. Also notice in the last couple of pics, the tailpanel. I painted it (and a few other parts) last week using a SS satin black urethane. I think it looks a little more like semi-gloss than satin, but Im happy enough with it that I think I'm gonna leave it alone.

Jason

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0138-1.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

Buddy, that looks awesome, hell, I am excited just looking at it. Great job...
BTW, I like the sheen on the tail panel.

Jaak that looks outstanding and you did it yourself, I hope mine turns out like that..

Thanks for sharing Mike

that is one of my alltime favorite colors for any mopar.nice job.

Auto Transport Service
Back