• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One Piece Floorpan in 68 Superbee

Go Fly

Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
All set to start installation of a one piece floorpan and tried to get it into the car. My fiancé was my helper and when we were having troubles we stopped. There has to be a combination to get it inside the car? Fingers crossed it will fit. I am a good fabricator but don't need practice cutting and welding.

i have read that it will fit in there.
you might need a better helper and to juggle it around some.

The largest hole would be to put it threw the windshield opening.
Someone should be able to varify its installation. I remember reading it will fit that way.

Ive installed a one piece floor in my 70 monte. Full floor, firewall to under rear seat. Different car but same principle i would assume. You need as much room as possible. If your cars completely taken apart shouldnt be a problem. If youre patching a running vehicle, unfortunatly you have to take out more then you probably wouldve hoped you could get away with. And the windshield hole isnt as big as the hole where the doors and quarter windows is. Full interior needs to be out. Including dash steering column pedals. Should be only sheet metal.visible (could leave in headliner if youre VERY careful not to catch the edge on it) Also doors need to off. Go in with the back of the panel first. Sideways through the door hole where the windows would be, quarter window rolled down. Go almost all the way out the other side, and then rotate it kinda of tipping that back edge down toward the divider from the back seat/trunk. So the front end up pointing toward the seam of the roof to the windshield. Then wheb its square inside, rotate it straight down. Its tight but i think itll be doable, especially given the edge of the inner rockers sticks in further on a b body (a unibody car has more meat there to support it then a seperate body, frame car) so percentage wise, i think the floor pan to body width should be a little narrower, giving you a little extra room.

Gonna have to do some bending through the windshield since it's a post car or cut the post out

20160922_180536-jpg.377570

Thanks for the help everyone ...Great feedback-keep it coming- and finding new ways to try it again, perhaps trying a new helper...I'll have to sleep in the garage for awhile, but dang the floor pan will be in!! :rofl:

Why do the doors have to come all the way off??
Just to have all the room you can get. They dont open all the way. And it the cars flat on the ground one helper (yes someone fairly strong is a good idea) will crawl through the car then basically your both kneeling in either door opening to wiggle it down in there.
And yes a post car makes it difficult. Easiest to remove a post or both.

Just to have all the room you can get. They dont open all the way. And it the cars flat on the ground one helper (yes someone fairly strong is a good idea) will crawl through the car then basically your both kneeling in either door opening to wiggle it down in there.
And yes a post car makes it difficult. Easiest to remove a post or both.
Ive done this a few times on post cars . It will fit through the door. Tip the front edge down so its near the lower door hinge area. The back edge up near the roof by the post and squeeze it in. It will go

It fits!!!!!
A buddy of mine came over and suggested wrapping a ratchet strap around the middle and put some tension on it. Worked perfect!!! Released the strap and the floor sprung out to its original shape.
My fiancé supervised and provided beer afterwards.

That's great. Were you able to do it without taking a door off?

I had one door off, buy think it can be done this way without removing

Auto Transport Service
Back