• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pinion yoke puller

andyf

Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
Here is my home made pinion yoke puller tool
DSC_1840 (Large).JPG

Very nice, so simple but I would’ve never thought of it while trying to pull a yoke lol. Did you tap the left side and thread the bolt in to hold it in place?

Yes, I drilled and tapped one end so I could put a long bolt in it to use as a handle. Otherwise the torque just spins the yoke. You can also hold the yoke with a big wrench but drilling and tapping for a long bolt seemed fairly easy to do.

What is the center piece that is held by the u bolts? Is that just a piece of 1" round steel rod that you drilled and tapped to thread a bolt into? It looks kind of like a spider gear shaft.

It is just a chunk of bar stock. I think it is about 1 inch diameter but I don't remember. I think I used 1/2-20 threads for the center bolt but any large fine thread should work. There isn't a huge amount of torque required to pull the yoke but a puller does work better than a hammer or a pry bar.

Auto Transport Service
Back