• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quarter panel fit

wedgie

Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
Hoping that someone can share a close up picture of where the quarter panel and the rocker panel are joined. My '63 overlaps the quarter. I have been finding a lot of poorly done sheetmetal work on this thing. Just need to see what's correct.
Thanks in advance

Hope this helps. 1965 satellite.

IMG_0052.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

I'm quite familiar with 66-70 but I assume they have always been done the same way....... quarter wraps over the rocker and the seam is covered in lead; the underside of the overlap on the rocker seems to get passed over for the most part leaving the edge of the quarter exposed ....... the verticle overlap is somewhat recessed to accept the lead

problem is, often times moisture gets in behind the lead and rots everything out making it difficult to see how it was done

Last edited:
the rocker actually extends under the quarter and runs all the way to the outer wheel house

Thank you. Exactly the information that I needed.

Auto Transport Service
Back