• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear end

moparraceman

Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
how mush is a 1964 ply 83/4 rear end [that the one that has the nut on the end [ with 294 center pig , single track ,complete worth?

About as much as my '64 taper axle x 3:23 I have sitting on my shop floor! What ever someone will pay for the good drums and brake assemblies and then 10 cents / pound at the scrap yard.

Not very much if anything. They are a pain in the neck to take apart. They are a pain in the neck to set up and it is a peg leg. In my opinion the only thing that it would be good for is for putting it under a car in order to move it.

how mush is a 1964 ply 83/4 rear end [that the one that has the nut on the end [ with 294 center pig , single track ,complete worth?
1964 is not a desirable width... its the widest year, and would be a bad choice for anything other than a concourse restoration on a '64. One the other hand, most parts other than the axles and housing itself and common to all '64 and back "B's", so it is possible someone would want items from a complete assy if it wasn't a rusty mess. The concensus is "go with a '65 and later setup", for all cars, but not everyone thinks that way, so maybe you can find that someone looking for a clean unit. If the hubs, nuts, axle play shims and the pumpkin is good, as well as other hardware, thats something that can be sold.

I guess nobody is gonna mention that you can get new ends and narrow it. Nothing wrong with the housing and center chunk.

Auto Transport Service
Back