• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear leaf springs ?

casey henson

Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
What does everyone use for replacement rear springs for these cars? Stock replacement or heavy duty.

I would recommend the HD version of stock springs. Usually 6 leaf. Espo Springs and Things is a great place to go.

I'm thinking of getting new leafs for my 77 Cordoba too. Final height is my concern. Espo can do factory height or plus/minus inches. I was thinking of doing a 1" increase in height from stock. You should post your choice and results when you have it done.

I'm thinking of getting new leafs for my 77 Cordoba too. Final height is my concern. Espo can do factory height or plus/minus inches. I was thinking of doing a 1" increase in height from stock. You should post your choice and results when you have it done.
Final height is a concern here also. I would like to be stock height or an 1" lower and stiffer at the same time. I am also thinking about deleting the isolators which at that point I could lower with lowering blocks.

Will any B-body listing for these cars work ? I can find plenty for charger up to 74 . ?

Detroit doesn't show a listing for this car. doesn't seem right.

Years ago I called Detroit as they are closer to me and wouldn't require shipping. They told me they have the specs for the 77 Cordoba leaf springs and can add extra leafs because of my 500hp if needed. I recently decided not to use them because of some negative on-line reviews and the fact that almost everyone recommends ESPO.

What does everyone use for replacement rear springs for these cars? Stock replacement or heavy duty.
I went to ESPO (AKA Springs and things) to order springs for my ‘79 Magnum since the ISO spring has a minor difference. The bolt that holds the spring leads together is larger.

I had them on the car for about 20 years now until I swapped in a set of SS springs. I give them an excellent rating. The company will ask you how many leafs YOU want (some models are a little blurry on how many leafs there springs came with, they’re just checking with you and if there listing shows a choice, you make it and if you want them with a plus or minus on the bend for raising or lowering the car’s rear end.

I’ve used ESPO 3 times so far and I would do so again.

I went to ESPO (AKA Springs and things) to order springs for my ‘79 Magnum since the ISO spring has a minor difference. The bolt that holds the spring leads together is larger.

I had them on the car for about 20 years now until I swapped in a set of SS springs. I give them an excellent rating. The company will ask you how many leafs YOU want (some models are a little blurry on how many leafs there springs came with, they’re just checking with you and if there listing shows a choice, you make it and if you want them with a plus or minus on the bend for raising or lowering the car’s rear end.

I’ve used ESPO 3 times so far and I would do so again.
that being said I suppose if you were to delete ISO you could use of any B body springs. Would just have to make sure you washer/adapter matches the pin size in the spring and the larger hole in the spring perch.

that being said I suppose if you were to delete ISO you could use of any B body springs.
Almost! But yes. The unit thing is the actual arc amount of the spring may it be enough. I suggest a 1 inch over bend from ESPO.
Would just have to make sure you washer/adapter matches the pin size in the spring and the larger hole in the spring perch.
For the SS springs, the problem was solved with the larger hole in the axle spring perch with some spare metal hat was hanging around the shop. *I Think* it was a lower control arm… the metal was the same thickness. My son in law did the work really. He measured the diameter of the hole, cut up and ground away at the spare metal until is fit in, then welded it. The hole in the center was drilled before he started to weld.

The rest of the set up was from tje previous years. AKA The late 60’s early ‘70’s.

thinking about ordering a pair of these and doing the ISO delete at the same time to accommodate the different size locate pins. These will most likely have a higher ride height and I can adjust with lowering blocks.
4452982.png
4452983.png

I got rid of the ISO suspension in my Magnum. I cut up some old engine brackets because there nice and thick, the same as the large hole area for the ISO mount rubber area. Made circles and drilled a hole. Welded it in and used SS springs. I also used a 2 inch aluminum block to drop the rear of the car to get rid of the stink bug look. The springs are the 3600lbs SS springs.

It now looks level. I’d rather opt of a 1-1/2 thick block to give the car a minor rake.

The ISO delete is a priority along with switching to the older style lower shock mount plates so I can use normal shocks.

Auto Transport Service
Back