• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Redeemed Himself......

Bladecutter

"Pursuit of Shape"
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
Waiting in cardiologist office for
an appt, I was way early, had to ride bus down because Susan's car overheated last night & aaa towed it to her shop. Anyway there's a strip mall across street from doc's office & I ate at a fast food chinese place(monstrous portions) & afterwards stood out front smoking a cigarette. A Little Cesar's pizza is a couple doors down & a guy comes out with a pizza & a bunch of napkins stacked on top of box. Guy is not paying attention & the napkins are blowing off as he moves across parking lot, suddenly he notices but then continues on to his car. I hate littering but just not up for a confrontation today, so I avert my eyes & continue to smoke. Ah but after a few moments i look back & the guy put the pizza in his car & then came back & proceeded to chase down all his napkins & throw them into trash receptacle. Praise the Lord!! And THAT put a smile on my face!!

I hate littering also. I wish Indiana would impose big fines on those that did. If they actually did they could use money to help improve infrastructure and clean up Indianapolis.
I'm glad he actually stopped and picked them up.

Lol, Blade the smoking thing gets me. Neighbor of m-in-law sits on frt porch with O2 tube in nose & asks if I have any cigs. 40+Yrs for me before I quit. Ya gotta do it man. Jeff

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink. Some people will never learn!

Yeah, man...The only thing that sticks out in the opening thread is Cardiologist and Smoking.
I lost track after that!
I was waiting to see my Parole Officer and while waiting in my van, I decided to give away some candy to a few kids walking by...

:eek:

Damn, everyone being so judgmental on our boy!
KD! No, BC smoking does NOT equate to someone handing out candy to kids out of a van. Good grief, man!
I know one thing - if you want to encourage someone you care about to quit, badgering is not an effective method.

It's his choice and I'm sure he's well aware of the risks.
Y'all might try being a little less sanctimonious....
The way I see it, he's more than earned that smoke, given what he's been through.
Yes....I'd know.

For some, it's easier than it is for others to quit the addiction. I'm glad I never got addicted to it....and I'm just glad I wasn't drinking something when I read KD's post lol

So how does this thread go from “littering” to “ya gotta quick smoking”?

I'd of gave you praise if you put the smoke down and helped the guy pick up the napkins.

Sometimes, key words just grab attention. The Feds look for them in regards to national security.
Try mentioning BOMB and Jihad a few hundred times online and see how much attention that gets you!

We care and he needs to know that. I know he has been threw alot. Glad he still with us. There was a time in the not so distant past that alone was iffy.

Addictions are hard habits to brake and I would imagine most of us have made life changes just to be here today. I dont consider this badgering. Dam Jimmy we care if you can not stop I really hope you can cut back on the smoking. If you have great and keep it up. You have some projects to finish. We would like to see you be able to.

For some, it's easier than it is for others to quit the addiction. I'm glad I never got addicted to it....and I'm just glad I wasn't drinking something when I read KD's post lol
:lol:

So how does this thread go from “littering” to “ya gotta quick smoking”?
Yep, precisely my point.

We care and he needs to know that. I know he has been threw alot. Glad he still with us. There was a time in the not so distant past that alone was iffy.
Addictions are hard habits to brake and I would imagine most of us have made life changes just to be here today. I dont consider this badgering. Dam Jimmy we care if you can not stop I really hope you can cut back on the smoking. If you have great and keep it up. You have some projects to finish. We would like to see you be able to.
I agree with most of this, but yes - there was real live judgemental BS going on with some replies.
Focus, people - the point of the story was the dude with the pizza!

Reminds me of when someone is trying to relay important information to another and a curse word slips out during the dialogue.
Around here, some folks will stop hearing anything else said other than that cuss word and they'll then proceed to harp on that
instead of the message itself, however important it may be.
Seriously, people. Focus...

BC you’re a good man - my brother who is now 71 quit smoking after many decades by trying Chantix. Worked like a charm he has no desire to smoke anymore and has been clean for about 10years. We want your ornery *** with us for awhile longer bro. As far as the dude with the napkins and pizza - yeah you don’t often see that these days. Folks are just too lazy. Good on him!

:lol:

Yep, precisely my point.

I agree with most of this, but yes - there was real live judgemental BS going on with some replies.
Focus, people - the point of the story was the dude with the pizza!

Reminds me of when someone is trying to relay important information to another and a curse word slips out during the dialogue.
Around here, some folks will stop hearing anything else said other than that cuss word and they'll then proceed to harp on that
instead of the message itself, however important it may be.
Seriously, people. Focus...
Get it. I know nothing of the man whom picked up the pizza other than he cleans up his messes. And the OP was impressed by his actions.
Now why anyone would state they were involved in a negitive inpact activity around people that care and not expect back lash. Well just what kind of freinds would that make us.

Ps. We all know your wife will beat us to it so don't think your getting of easy.

Get it. I know nothing of the man whom picked up the pizza other than he cleans up his messes. And the OP was impressed by his actions.
Now why anyone would state they were involved in a negitive inpact activity around people that care and not expect back lash. Well just what kind of freinds would that make us.
Ps. We all know your wife will beat us to it so don't think your getting of easy.
Bladecutter is a freaking institution around here and a treasured one for sure.
Your statement about my wife is usually correct, but not on my own vices - she, like my own doc I might add, has
given that one a rest thankfully.
She knows where I've been and doesn't begrudge me.
Doc tells the nurse to hush when she brings it up, says after all I've been through to leave me be about it.
"He's not going to be around long enough for it to get him anyways".
Yes, that's morbid humor. It's also true and he knows I get the joke. Gotta love that guy.

Littering should be punished harshly.
At least paper napkins are biodegradable.

My personal hatred is for people who litter with beer bottles, plastic or tires.

A dam tire reciept should take care of tire disposal. Its paid everytime you buy one. Disposal or not.. But still they want you to pay again.
Are tire stores obligated to take your old one if you do your own tire work?

cardiologist office... fast food chinese place(monstrous portions)... smoking a cigarette.

You're my hero.

Also, the oldest American man living today fought in WWII and says his secret to a long life is whiskey and cigars (up to 18 a day!) Different folks, different strokes. Keep on keepin' on, Bladecutter!

"One day I decided, I'm going to smoke a cigar. I was 18-years-old and been smoking cigars ever since." - Richard Overton, 112 years old

Auto Transport Service
Back