• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction of rare emblems

chopperhead

Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
Hi, as the headline says, reproduction of rare emblems. As I have had issues finding descent RT inner door emblems for my RT-68 Coronet, I decided to make molds and cast my own. So now to the question... I might decide to make other ones also as well that are rare and still not in re-production (all mopar), so could you all help me to list your top 5 emblems that are not in production yet that might be some interest to buy. I also appreciate if there is any knowledge, info, website or whatever about how they did it back then during casting / manufacturing.

// Anders

I'd check with FCA, LLC first and see what they are going to want, concerning reproducing trademarked items for sale!!! Making them for your own use is one thing; selling them is quite another!

I admire the guy for being innovative. Why shut him down with "trade mark" talk. Do you actually think all these reproducers have trade mark rights? Doubt it.

I think the chrysler emblem in the back seats of many of the Mopars would be good. It has to be a rare piece. I have mine but don't see it very often at car shows. Interior center to the back sear.

Are we talking about making molds or 3d printing and then chrome/paint from there? I think your onto something!

Hi, thanks for support. I have started to make a mold for the RT interior emblem and then cast in zink, chrome plate and paint. This will be test to see the quality outcome. Need more ideas since I know the frustration when you cannot find parts during restoration...

The hardest part for me to find when I restored My 70 coronet was the "DODGE" emblem in the grill.
You may want to consider.

Seat medallions.

I'd check with FCA, LLC first and see what they are going to want, concerning reproducing trademarked items for sale!!! Making them for your own use is one thing; selling them is quite another!

Too many bad stories of non-authorized repop mopar stuff out there. I'd be leery.

I admire the guy for being innovative. Why shut him down with "trade mark" talk. Do you actually think all these reproducers have trade mark rights? Doubt it.

You obviously don't remember several years ago the situation where several people were repopping Mopar items, and it cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars. Many people have tried this with Harley parts and logos...they lost, too. It is the prudent thing to do to CHECK with FCA first! Who knows? They may say "go ahead" without paying a licensing fee. Doubtful, but that licensing fee is a hell of a lot cheaper than getting your tits in a wringer by doing things the wrong way.

I was going to do this as well, until I checked with licensing and found out the cost and all the crap one has to adhere to to be able to sell them. I still might do some for myself though. I have been saving up aluminum parts to melt down just for this.

cash for your information on how to install your badges & you throw in the badges free of charge

Donot sell the Item sell your time and raw material the item is free

1969 Coronet R/T deck lid emblems that spell out Dodge (D-O-D-G-E). Whoever makes this could retire a wealthy man.

I understand copyrights and trademarks etc. etc. But it kind of pisses me off that these mega-corporations with their full time legal departments will jump all over some little guy for making something that they don't want to make themselves. JMHFO.

anything 68 GTX!!!! tailpanel emblem, quarter panel emblems, grille emblems...

Laysons got shut down because Chrysler accused him of selling reproduction parts with Chrysler logo and part numbers without Chrysler's permission. Turned out Chrysler was wrong. My understanding is you can make the parts but not with any Chrysler part numbers or the Penastar. Lots of companies make reproduction and replacement parts for all kinds of cars. Just have to leave OEM numbers and logos off of them.

Lots of companies make reproduction and replacement parts for all kinds of cars. Just have to leave OEM numbers and logos off of them.

And I'll bet they have licensing agreements to do so, regardless. Just sayin'! Remember, the Dodge, Challenger, Charger, Dart, and R/T names are still active. Even inactive names such as 'Cuda, Barracuda, Valiant, Duster, and Plymouth are still owned by the corporation.

Auto Transport Service
Back