• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sad news from Chrysler

streetwedg

Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
I just got this news from Chrysler employees motor sports association.

At 9:00 AM this morning, I participated in a conference call with several other Museum volunteers; the following statement was read to us:

After opening to the public on a limited basis through 2016, I wanted to let you know that the Walter P. Chrysler Museum is being converted into much needed office space with Dec. 18, 2016, being the last day it will be open to the public.
When we reopened the museum for limited weekends this year, it allowed us to expose more people to our rich heritage. As we move into an exciting new chapter at FCA US, rest assured that the Company will preserve and maintain the integrity of our historical vehicle collection. We will continue to show them at internal and external events, and display them around CTC and other facilities.
You have been the true ambassadors for this Company and the thousands of men and women that have been part of it for the past century. We appreciate your volunteerism and passion for our history.

Like other American institutions, the car companies are becoming more global and foreign owned. The heritage will be intentionally buried...and a little more of America's greatness will vanish. Just another chip off the rock.

FiAt is screwing this up, they won't fund it and are pushing the Chrysler heritage to the side this is the last straw! FIAT HAS TO GO!

I have a problem with Fiat owning Chrysler too but it's better then shutting the doors.

chrysler is basically a foreign car company, has been since the germans bought them, and probably worse since obama gave them to fiat which is probably the worst auto manufacturer on the planet. the good old days have been gone for decades.

The problem is that those Fiats aren't selling. They've been here for at least three years and how many do you see on the road?

The problem is that those Fiats aren't selling. They've been here for at least three years and how many do you see on the road?
there's a chrysler dealership just north of me, decades old dealership, that quit selling fiats a couple of years ago. they said if they sold 3 cars 2 would be back for repairs. their reputation couldn't handle those crummy cars.

It's sad how management will try to use the heritage and history of the corporation to sell cars to the public with the design it's products and advertising, then turn around and pull the plug on supporting it's own history. It's a slap in the face to the volunteers that worked at the museum and to the corporation's loyal customers.

They do not Know nor Recognize their customers......Big business mentality in that the customer needs Fiat more than Fiat needs them.....

I have a problem with Fiat owning Chrysler too but it's better then shutting the doors.

I don't believe it is. I don't like new cars, but they're a necessary evil.

there's a chrysler dealership just north of me, decades old dealership, that quit selling fiats a couple of years ago. they said if they sold 3 cars 2 would be back for repairs. their reputation couldn't handle those crummy cars.

Fiat has been here before, maybe thirty years ago. Their reputation then, was pretty much the same then as you say now.

FCA is currently at the bottom of the new build quality and reliability ratings in the US. Reminds me of Fiat in the 70s. Coincidentally, Mercedes isn't rated much better.

I won't own any of their stuff that's recent. Better places to invest my money.

Sad story...

I feel bad for the Museum employees, loyal/faithful people & volunteers...

I had a great run...

Chrysler corp. in general, has been messed up for a long long time,
UAW greed, really bad management, really bad contracts,
stupid unsustainable Union "golden parachute" pension deals BS
yes even bad/inferior products at times too, bad rap for the UAW workers
going out getting high & drunk, while on security cameras, doing at all period,
really didn't help either...
IMO Fiat/FCA, saved them from being gone already...

I'm not the biggest fan of them/Fiat either,
but you can't blame it all on Fiat...
They have actually turned out some great products,
made Chrysler viable/competitive & even thriving once again,
albeit they were maybe/probably in the works before Fiat/LCA came to be...

my $0.02 cents

Sad story...

I feel bad for the Museum employees, loyal/faithful people & volunteers...

I had a great run...

Chrysler corp. in general, has been messed up for a long long time,
UAW greed, really bad management, really bad contracts,
stupid unsustainable Union "golden parachute" pension deals BS
yes even bad/inferior products at times too, bad rap for the UAW workers
going out getting high & drunk, while on security cameras, doing at all period,
really didn't help either...
IMO Fiat/FCA, saved them from being gone already...

I'm not the biggest fan of them/Fiat either,
but you can't blame it all on Fiat...
They have actually turned out some great products,
made Chrysler viable/competitive & even thriving once again,
albeit they were maybe/probably in the works before Fiat/LCA came to be...

my $0.02 cents
It's not just the Chrysler Corp. that has been poisoned by FIAT. CNH ag is owned by FIAT. Meaning all Case/International and New Holland farm equipment. Whereas my red Tractors used to look like this on the inside:
20161105_065352.jpg
they now have an ugly hermaphrodite looking engine that says INVECO by FIAT.
I can't say that I'm dissatisfied with the new power plant performance, just disappointed that the parts to maintenance are now 5 times more expensive. I ran red paint because I was loyal to Cummins. Now to trade my fleet over to green machines would be costly and not practical.

Also some of the Midwestern members on this forum can attest that there is an antique tractor following that equals or exceeds moparism. Wonder if FIAT will try to desecrate them like they have Chrysler.

I just got this news from Chrysler employees motor sports association.

At 9:00 AM this morning, I participated in a conference call with several other Museum volunteers; the following statement was read to us:

After opening to the public on a limited basis through 2016, I wanted to let you know that the Walter P. Chrysler Museum is being converted into much needed office space with Dec. 18, 2016, being the last day it will be open to the public.

rest assured that the Company will preserve and maintain the integrity of our historical vehicle collection. We will continue to show them at internal and external events, and display them around CTC and other facilities.
absolutely disgusting...to think of the heroic even efforts of some to preserve and save our mopar history thru so many years.....
for an office building?

and lets see,they say theyll trot them out to various shows and so forth?
wont that cost a lot of money = transportation fees and so forth?
sure seems like leaving them right where they are now would be a smart financial move...
esp seeing as the people working there now are volunteers!!
narf!

Auto Transport Service
Back