• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Screw size for ignition controller wiring harness

Triple Black 73

Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
I went to start the Charger today and it wouldn't start. A quick look under the hood revealed that the ignition harness fell off from the ignition controller. I do remember that there is a screw that holds the harness to the controller. I checked the spare parts bin for the screw but I must have lost it or never received it .

Does anyone know the factory correct size, length, and head for this screw?

Thank you in advance!

Two variations, silver one I believe is original, black one came with new wiring harness. Both Phillips head, I say they are #8
20180331_144758.jpg
20180331_145325.jpg

Thanks man! The silver one is the one that would work better. Do you know where I can get one?

I think the original one is really specific and included to the harness, not available at regular shops ?

Thanks man! The silver one is the one that would work better. Do you know where I can get one?
I don't know where you can get one like the silver one, but if you use one like the black one, available at local hard ware store, just put a washer on it so it will put the force on the ECM rubber plug the same as the silver one. However, I have seen them used on new harness with out washer and just don't tighten to where it compresses the boot of the ECM plug.

Auto Transport Service
Back