• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Serpentine belts on a BB Mopar

Got a hold of Jerry after selling my CVF Beast to 5.7. Gotta start Junk yardin now for the other pieces.

Oh boy.... what have I done???

F846F708-4572-47E3-AB3E-1E49FC5B2EA5.jpeg

Are there any R.P.M. limits [ in small print ] on these kits?. I ran into that from Billet specialties kit for a O.T. sbc , think it was 6,000 rpm - not much rpm for a built small block. I do turn it to 6500 with no problems as of yet and still can't figure what the limiting factor is ,anyone know?.

Last edited:
Are there any R.P.M. limits [ in small print ] on these kits?. I ran into that from Vintage air kit for a O.T. sbc , think it was 6,000 rpm - not much rpm for a built small block. I do turn it to 6500 with no problems as of yet and still can't figure what the limiting factor is ,anyone know?.
I can ask if there’s an rpm limit on it but it’s irrelevant in my mind as you could always pulley up to slow down the alternator or add rpm activated cutouts. I’ll test the limit at this one will easily see 7000rpm.

Last edited:
I can ask if there’s an rpm limit on it but it’s irrelevant in my mind as you could always pulley up to slow down the alternator or add rpm activated cutouts. I’ll test the limit at this one will easily see 7000rpm.
I really like that setup, good to see they finally realized that they needed to offer a real serpentine. Always thought that was retarded, switch to serpentine and still have 2 belts that need adjusting:rolleyes:

Hmmm, with an RB in the upcoming future:screwy:. Can you get power steering as well?

I really like that setup, good to see they finally realized that they needed to offer a real serpentine. Always thought that was retarded, switch to serpentine and still have 2 belts that need adjusting:rolleyes:

Hmmm, with an RB in the upcoming future:screwy:. Can you get power steering as well?
Yes, it actually bolts on the lower corner of this setup under the alternator.
72501648-A9D2-4967-9631-FA43CE69136E.jpeg

I chose this system after seeing it at the PRI show. I liked how compact it was and everything was above the area where forward facing turbo headers would go.

Are there any R.P.M. limits [ in small print ] on these kits?. I ran into that from Vintage air kit for a O.T. sbc , think it was 6,000 rpm - not much rpm for a built small block. I do turn it to 6500 with no problems as of yet and still can't figure what the limiting factor is ,anyone know?.
9500rpm for us drag racers. Less for extended WOT use.

9500 ? , that's pretty damn good. Way better than the Billet Specialties tru trac that i had used before.

9500 ? , that's pretty damn good. Way better than the Billet Specialties tru trac that i had used before.
Yeah I thought it was pretty good. With my small turbos, I would expect power to peak fairly early so there’s no way I’ll test that number.

The Wraptor serpentine w/tensioner by CVF is "busier" than the Beast, but it is a true single belt, tensioner system.
The Beast looks similar to the 440 source, and they have a 3rd choice.
The Wraptor is the best one for me.
Very cool!
Screenshot_20190606-132909_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190606-132853_Chrome.jpg

Too much garbage for me -----jmo
That's ok to have that opinion.
In a way, it's simpler, in that it uses one belt, and the tensioner, may make it more reliable. Keep one spare belt in case of breakage. It allows for placement of the A/C compressor (small, aftermarket) on the passenger side, and not at 12o'clock (less in your face) and I certainly don't want the factory gargantuan compressor, which I would have to hack up the 6bbl air cleaner base for.
The billet brackets and pulleys are extra "bling" in my opinion, and that gives a more "custom" or "show" related appearance under the hood.
To each their own.

I love that look, my buddy got the cvf kit for his car. Beefy looking material too. I sprung for the march on my 392, they say it will work for a 6.4...but I’ll tell you it doesn’t!! Had to finesse a lot of it to get it the fit.
BF573EE6-DD00-4966-9B87-BCA37A6A16EC.jpeg

The March system is beautiful.
The CVF seems to be a better value, and still very nice looking. I think the CVF system is more flexible in that additional components can be added at a later time with no incompatibility or major reworking issues.
The look and overall theme I am going for is conducive to that type of system.

Well here's an update on the Wraptor serpentine system I was promoting...
I bought the Black Diamond finish for my Roadrunner and the clear ceramic coated, polished aluminum one for the 421 in my wife's GTO!
And now I'll finally have power steering! :thumbsup: :steering::bananadance:
We also got Vintage Air AC for both cars, and the included AC compressor on the Wraptor is PERFECT!
I'm not quite ready to install it, but I had to unwrap a couple of pieces...
20191101_132254.jpg
20191101_140008.jpg

It's going to be nice with these valve covers I've liked since I saw them and I've had on my 440+6 for 4 years now:
20191101_215030.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back