• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shocks?

mccabedosh

Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking to put shocks on my 72 satellite, my old ones are shot.... I'm looking for smooth ride and better handling that's what i plan to accomplish when I'm done with my suspension so what kinda shocks should i get to start off???

I have a 71 satellite, and put on KYB gas adjust, if you go to their website you can match the front and rears using their application guide. The car definitely handles much better, but not too sure how smooth you can get them - mine are set to launch the car pretty hard.

good luck

Don

I am running KYB's as well in my early b body. Much better handling. Not a super smooth ride, but good for the price. If you are looking to spend a little more, Edelbrock makes a nice shock. But, on a budget, KYB's are a nice piece.

I just use Monroes (for driving) and I always get station wagon shocks for the rear

Auto Transport Service
Back