• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slant 6 Bodies with factory A/C

Darter6

Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
Are there any out there ? Looking to buy a clean driver.I placed a want ad and got to thinking I'm looking for a needle in a haystack.Just checking if anybody is driving a Slanter.
I got a thing for Slant cars.

D6, if you find a car, and need an entire driveline, my '65's will be available this year, engine, K-member, front suspension (minus center link, or will trade that for identical), front drum assemblies, transmission, radiator, cooling lines, and driveshaft. Not sure about the rear end yet, as these are tough to come by up here, in nice condition. Running, Driving car. Possible delivery, for some Beers, as We could probably talk for quite a while !!!

I had one, never should have sold it. '76 Volare 4 door, green (I seem to be a magnet!), 36k miles. At idle in 95 degree weather, I measured 40 degrees out the vents. Love me some good ol' R12!!

Got it from a buddy, it was his grandma's and she gave it to him. He lived in a townhouse. The car sat in the same spot so long, the parking lot pavement faded around it. His HOA got on his case. He came to work one day saying "you need this Volare!". Um...I don't have room for another car. "Dude, it's clean, it runs great...and it's a Mopar, you'll love it! How much money is in your wallet?" Um...$18. "SOLD!!!"

Well...****.

But once I buffed it, tuned it up, put on a set of old cop wheels I had laying around, and added a muffler and tailpipe? I really liked it!

100HP315-IM000294_IM000294.JPG

Damn thing gave awesome fuel economy, too.

Mowing the grass one day, a PT turbo drove by...turned around...and pulled in. "Hey, is your Volare for sale? My kid's turning 16 and thinks he's getting my turbo..." Um, no, it's my daily driver, not really for sale.... "I'll give you 3 grand for it".

Well...****. Lemme go get the title.

Never shoulda done that. Should have kept it.

Lots of A and F/M/J body cars were made that way.

I have a fairly clean 67 Bel II 4 door 225 with AC but it's a donor car for my 67 wagon.

Never shoulda done that. Should have kept it.
Yeah, Many cars I've sold said the same thing.That's the thing I'd be looking for.I had a perfect 67 Dart Slant with A/C, PS, PB completely done inside and out. A 85 year old guy walked into my shop and asked if it was for sale as he was looking for a Mopar for his 58 year old son for a birthday present.I quoted a price and he said "OK."Wish I had never done that.But that was 15 years ago and I was heavy into building Mopars.Can't do as much now.
YY1. I have been looking at the F/M/J site and internet and surprising Not too many F body cars out there.The ones that are are on the other side of the country.Not one to buy sight unseen.
As far as B Bodies, lots of early B cars with Slants.After 70 not many came with Slants and if they did are now parts cars or have been converted to V8's.
VanDan, I hung on to a bunch of B Body Slant parts and have a K,engine mounts and 2 225/904's.Plus a bunch of performance Slant parts.
My days of building cars are closing because of physical problems.I think want something that is driver quality to play with.Some kids never grow up.

I have one, it’s a 65 Belvedere1. 4 dr /6 with A/C and backup lights. No other options. Has a rubber floor, no carpet, and it doesn’t even have an outside mirror. It has a 426S in it now.
9077B7A6-D830-40E5-A6E4-CAD1E0CA06B1.jpeg

Yeah, Many cars I've sold said the same thing.That's the thing I'd be looking for.I had a perfect 67 Dart Slant with A/C, PS, PB completely done inside and out. A 85 year old guy walked into my shop and asked if it was for sale as he was looking for a Mopar for his 58 year old son for a birthday present.I quoted a price and he said "OK."Wish I had never done that.But that was 15 years ago and I was heavy into building Mopars.Can't do as much now.
YY1. I have been looking at the F/M/J site and internet and surprising Not too many F body cars out there.The ones that are are on the other side of the country.Not one to buy sight unseen.
As far as B Bodies, lots of early B cars with Slants.After 70 not many came with Slants and if they did are now parts cars or have been converted to V8's.
VanDan, I hung on to a bunch of B Body Slant parts and have a K,engine mounts and 2 225/904's.Plus a bunch of performance Slant parts.
My days of building cars are closing because of physical problems.I think want something that is driver quality to play with.Some kids never grow up.
Just responded to your wanted thread.

Auto Transport Service
Back