• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source for distributor bushings for rebuild

Napa lists them unless you oem price holy crap!!. saw $70 with rotor ebay not mine
points.JPG
pointsc.JPG

I can check with them. Problem I have with NAPA anymore around here is they keep very little in stock and then want to charge a crazy shipping fee to bring it in.

So far, so good on the rebuild. Next issue - where do you find decent quality points and condenser for a DP Prestolite Distributor? Jims Mopar parts has kits but they include a cap and rotor which I already have. Looked at many, many places without much luck. I just need points (2) and condenser. Seen a few sets of points on Ebay but not sure who is selling decent stuff. Can anyone direct me to a source?

Do a little research,Jim's is the last place you want to deal with.

Have to watch the new stuff the point spring tension sucks and the condensers are hit and miss when they get hot. Try to find NOS or NORS. That's all I use on rebuilds only way to go. I might be able to sell you a set if all else fails.

Look up primary leads, you will be shocked.

I went ahead and ordered some points and condensers from NAPA to take a chance on. Points were only around $16 and condenser - their best Echlin - was about $11 after a multi-part discount for the on-line order. Provided they actually show up at the store I'll see how they compare to the old ones that were in it and go from there.

Thanks again.

Look up primary leads, you will be shocked.

Mine is obviously old but looks in good shape with no insulation breaks, etc. Curious where you find them - Ebay or NAPA or ?

I make my own,found everything correct,even these little guys,and don't ask,I ain't tellin !:popcorn2:
P4170072.JPG

:rofl:LOL Just picked up a pound. Just the ride guys if he tells the source of the terminal ends! Nothing like peer pressure! :luvplace:. I could use some of them!

Screw NAPA - they called back today and said they needed $13.50 to ship the points here. I told her hell - they could put them in a first class envelop with a couple stamps if they wanted to. They have become the biggest rip off for a parts store. Back on the search - no luck Autozone, Advance, O'Reilly, Summit or Jegs. May have to try our local speed shop and see what they can come up with.

Rock Auto - Wells points. Cheaper, less shipping and no sales tax - thank you NAPA.

Hell man that's crazy especially if you pick it up at the store.

On the rivets seriously send me a PM should be 3 to ship a small container of them.

Rock Auto - Wells points. Cheaper, less shipping and no sales tax - thank you NAPA.
Spring tension sucks on them. Tried them. Accel and blue streak are about the only decent ones out there.

I figure if there is a problem with spring tension it probably would be for a 6000 rpm Hemi and less so for a 5000 rpm 440. But if you know the Accell part number for the dual points I will see if I can locate some.

should be 110229. The spring tension fail is usually above 3000 RPM. Think the spec s 19-23 inch lbs. Looks around for a older set if possible for a decent price. Under 40 is great. Same on the condensers around $10. Older the better on them. I had around a 50% fail rate on the new ones when heated up. Usually open. I really wish some one would make decent points and condensers. I have been buying up the older stuff mostly from shops and parts stores closing up.

Auto Transport Service
Back