• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedometer cable suggestions?

68WS27

Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
Need to replace the speedo cable on my 69 Bee. I know repros aren't great, but anyone had good luck with one particular unit or supplier?

What's funny is I was just talking to Nigel the other day and have ordered a bunch of things from Moparts this past year - and I never even thought about checking out their speedometer cable... Doh! Yep the border is a hassle for sure - not to mention the current exchange rate. Yikes.

Thanks for the reminder.

Yep.. 69 cents doesn't go far! You might even get some gifts! LOL
20221013_153706.jpg
20221013_154011.jpg

I had my cable made by Deluxe Speedometer and Cable Service in Denver Colorado , any length you need, whatever fitting and with a firewall grommet if needed, it came in less than a week after ordering . lubed and ready to install , And of course , MADE IN THE USA.

I second Rad S. Find a local speedometer shop - they will make you a custom cable that is solidly built - not the lightweight flimsy chinesium ones sold everywhere else.

Check with Brewers. They have some remanufactured ones.

I got one from Rick E-berg's ebay store, no complaints.

Auto Transport Service
Back