• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Street Outlaws?

OK charger

Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
Even though these guys are local to me (farmtuck and Azns shop is like three miles from me) I really don't support their "sport". Maybe Im in the minority but it seems like they are always about one heartbeat away from disaster. I mean we built a first class dragstrip just a few miles away with the explicit intent to get these guys OFF the street and onto the track. I watched them one day at the track. Pretty pathetic. I think the group made like 4 passes all day and no times were posted. It was more about selling their merchandise at their pop up stands. Just seems this is sending out the wrong message. Anyone feel like this?

If they were on the strip they wouldn't be "street outlaws".

I've always thought they were a bunch of posers.
Same with all the little fairy *** drama queen Resto shows.
Just Soap Operas for manginas.

I've seen chief and murder nova make passes, no doubting those guys can drive. As far as selling their merchandise, that's their business, people are buying it more power to them.

Lost respect when he raced team Richard Rawlings and was afraid to bet then beat him easily. Started talking all that crap, while the $50,000 stayed in Richards pocket.

The show is entertaining.....

Did Rawlings live up to the stipulations of the car they both agreed to build?

So I think both sides were lacking.....

I gave that show one chance, and when I saw pro stock cars racing on the street I turned it off. The cars should be required to be street legal.

They also draw HUGE crowds when they go out to local drag strips, great for the sport.

They don't really do illegal street races
it's all staged/scripted TV stuff

Maybe some of the "fishing stuff" might be {?},
for insurance reasons I kind of doubt it thou,
maybe some of the Farm Truck & AZN driving around "fishing"
is probably the most real aspect of a scripted show,
they have to have the people sign wavers etc. to be on the show...
But they are very well known & any cop seeing them
especially with a trailer on the side of the road,
would flag/encounter them immediately...

I do like racing, some of the cars are nice builds,
my beef is rarely a real Mopar, a Dart with a BB Cheb
there's a spin off Street Outlaws : New Orleans,
season 2 {or 3 ?} too, begins next Monday,
they do have a 68-69 Charger big stroker build, in that series...

BUT;
I know it's fake street racing, it's not "really illegal" either
they have permits to film, ambulances & police etc.,
they have permission to close that road or it's on private property etc.

Not all the Police are stupid, they know what's going on...
You can't have something that loud on a regular basis,
with race cars uncapped & obvious burnout boxes &
rubber tracks going down the roads,
IMO if they were doing it "actually illegally, still"
with out permission or permits & insurance & ambulances etc.,
they'd have been arrested, cars confiscated, hauled off,
they'd be jailed & funds impounded, & shut down a long time ago etc...

IMO it's just racing on a different style surface/track...
I also know it's just a scripted TV show too,
way to sell product from sponsors, their buss.'s & advertisers...
IMO most of the cars are far from true "street cars" &
a select few are actually licensed & insured "allegedly"...

It's better the Pro-Mods aren't participating now,
But, I also liked to watch them even, but
I'd rather see them race on a real track with et/mph shown...
Not hide behind anonymity N/T bs...

But a full tube chassis Pro-Mod carbonfiber bodied cars
they were racing sometimes against, the more street style slower cars
It wasn't/isn't really a fair street racing,
IMO they weren't street cars either,
IMO it was just a different form of organized racing,
called street racing & outlaws, used as buzz words...
BUT; on unsanctioned track/street, unsanctioned events,
illegal gambling {I personally have more problems/issues with that aspect, than the racing or show}
that happens to be 1/8 mile concrete/tarmac marked out & filmed for TV...

I find it funny they use the word street vs track,
like a weapon/tool justifications, "we are just a bunch of street guys",
when they are at the track as much as anyone, paid appearances...
Several are professional licensed NHRA {other sanctioning racing bodies} racers...

IMO it's far "Better than the Kardashians/Losers or
some other even "more fake scripted crap" on TV,
at-least it's a show about cars & racing...

I see thru the BS they are trying to sell & take it as entertainment...

Last edited:
Not the greatest show on earth but it does drum up interest in the sport and that's a big plus.

Couple of them were at the local track last year and it was the biggest turnout in a long long time

Looking forward to next week when they return

OK Charger... yes, they are sending the wrong message to young kids. I used to be one of those young kids & I did street race... a lot. I'm dang lucky I never got up close & personal with a tree/sign post/another car....dang lucky. Now I'm an old man & I "finally" moved to track racing. They are sending the wrong message, but I get it because I did it.

You can't tell me you all haven't wondered how they manage to race week in, week out and never get shut down by the cops. C'mon !!! There is nothing more fake than a "reality" show !!

As to Chief not betting Rawlings ... the deal was they'd each DRIVE. Rawlings wouldn't so Chief did the right thing. I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd flipped Rawlings the bird and gone home without making a pass.

Rawlings's set up the rules and blew the two Important ones. He was to drive and the "street cars" were to be in a bracketed set year group. Something like 69-72 or something like that.

Come on you guys, It is scripted to be entertaining. This show generates big money , and I am sure the "characters" are being well paid. That is how replacement cars are being paid for. That big money will close highway(s) for them to race on, make arrangements with authorities, pay large liability insurance costs, provide medics and ambulances that you don't see and most likely law enforcement that are likewise not seen. As for the "Pro Mods" , they didn't last long because the viewing public didn't want to see that..just to much over the top for us car people to tolerate.
I do believe that it is real racing , winner takes all. --no pre arranged winners. I also believe that Farm truck and Azins street racing opponetes are not quite as depicted and that there are people that would be willing to loose in order to be on the show.
SOOO, you can be critical , but you still watch it , don't you? LOL................MO

As far as I'm concerned it's one of the best shows on TV.
It's far better than watching the John Force show (NHRA) on Fox Sports 1.

I think they are actually good for the car hobby.

Scripted - un scripted.... I don't know.... but I know every year I got to PRI and I see Daddy Dave, Chief, Dominator Farm Truck and Azin, and their cars. I can say the cars are the real deal. Heck two years ago I was standing in the Lunati booth when Kye Kelly walked in and started talking to the one of the guys in the booth.

I'll keep watching. Great show!

My wife and I NEVER miss a show! I met Farmtruck and AZN at the World of Wheels in the New Orleans Superdome when I had my Roadrunner in the show. As funny and nice, down to earth in person as on the show! I have met other guys from the show at different events, and they are all enthusiastic to talk with people.
I used to street race occasionally as a teenager, nothing "serious" just someone I would encounter while cruising, or while watching others race, and I have done a few green light street rips even now. I'm not running 150-200 mph however, and cars like that in an uncontrolled street environment are a whole different level of risk than most of the cars that used to street race back in the 70s and 80s that I am most familiar with. It's illegal, it can be very risky, but I certainly wouldn't do it with a crowd of people in the line of danger, and it isn't something that I go looking for. I have only gone to the track once a year to race for the last few years when my club rents the track. I used to go around once a month for "test and tune" night when I had my 89 Conquest TSi.

fake news now fake racing. The police are not blind, a big opportunity for steep tickets. I don't watch the show. Flashiight launches ..... Help me please......What ever floats your boat.

sorry not to single anyone out but

AS to some comments,
Albeit it is real heads up drag racing...
May not be your style or cup of tea, no tree etc.
If you watched it you'd see that...
The 1st season was cheesy as all hell...

I'm not condoning anything illegal either...
The premise maybe illegal, the act isn't...

disclaimer, so nobody gets offended, bent out of shape
& YES I was a "real track racer" for decades from 1975-2010 regularly
20-30+ races a season, in fast cars, usually 8 second or faster, heads up starts
with a Pro & Comp. NHRA & IHRA Licenses since {1978}, I know real racing
;

It may not be on a sanctioned track & a scripted premise,
they still run down the road, lit up like a football stadium...
But it's no handicaps, side by side racing & heads up,
that's what "real racing" is/was meant to be...
{sorry not meant to offend any real handicap/bracket drag racers out there,
both styles of racing, have there places in drag racing, I'm just making a point
}

It is just a TV show, about a specific type of drag racing...
All the rest is peripheral BS...

Not worth arguing about, it is what it is...

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back