• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super stock springs

gpwood

Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,
Need a bit of assistance, I purchased some new super stock springs for my 67 Belvedere, the last 3 digits of the part # were 460 and 461, also got the longer front hanger as required, front is in the lower hole, hanger has two holes for attaching. The rear end is still sagging or not to my liking. Front end is adjusted as stock. Did I purchase the wrong set of rear springs?
Car had air shocks on it before, which I don't like, I have Comp engineering 3 way adjustable on rear at 60/40 setting, front are 90/10. Advice on this issue would help me out a bunch!
Thanks all, hope your all well!!

I bought some from Summit and was not happy with the leafs and would not buy them ever again. I went with Espo springs,they can give you +1 or +2 if you want the butt higher. I hope you get it figured out. Good luck. You can add a shackle kit to lift it up .
s-l640.jpg

Chech the length of the shocks.... super stock springs need longer shocks... I use shocks from a 71 C body and they work well.

Do not use longer shackles if you value the car's handling.
Mike

Street car, drag only car or.....??

Chech the length of the shocks.... super stock springs need longer shocks... I use shocks from a 71 C body and they work well.
thanks MoparBill, c body shocks as in a Chrysler 300 or Monaco? they must be longer when extended, shackle thing looks trashy and I really don't want to purchase another set of springs

thanks MoparBill, c body shocks as in a Chrysler 300 or Monaco? they must be longer when extended, shackle thing looks trashy and I really don't want to purchase another set of springs
Jack your car up and support it from the frame, letting the suspension hang. Disconnect the lower shock nuts and see if the axle drops. If it does, your shocks are too short.
I usually use 71 New Yorker as the car when I need longer shocks.

Pictures would help. Max recommended vehicle weight on that set of springs is 3600 lbs. Springs set the ride height, shocks do not.

Auto Transport Service
Back