• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Hardest Easiest DIY... R/T Logo

Evoking

Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
My front R/T log fell off the front headlight cover on my 68 Charger. I got a new one. But it seems impossible to fit a hand or even a baby ratchet up a partially flipped up headlight to try to thread the little self-threading lugs on the emblem spikes.

Any tips?

Look up "Barrel Clips" most Mopar parts suppliers sell them.Insert into holes and push the pins thru and the emblem will snap into place.

Thank you! To be clear this is the emblem and the little fasteners that came with it.

I am wondering how those pins will clip to these spikes that are on the emblem. Are you saying that the little lines on the spikes are deep enough for the barrel clips to hold the emblem in place?

IMG_7526.JPG IMG_7527.JPG

I think those push on and cut into the studs. The barrel clips are for the emblem that go into the body panels. Hopefully someone can help you better than me. Maybe take the grille out?

Maybe take one of the headlights themselves out and snake an extension through the hole to the nuts??? Not sure they are directly inline but should be close to the inner headlight I think.

Auto Transport Service
Back