• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roadrunner has risen from the dead.

Canyon707

Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
First time since last Nov.My car made it's first move out of my garage. Off to Sonoma tomorrow for a few test runs. I will video. I am not going to push it to hard. It's been awhile. I kinda forgot hot to drive. (kinda)

What do you think she will run? How bout some engine and drivetrain details

Driving does take a while to get used to. After 25 years took me a bit just to get the feel of a fast car. Now the trick at the drag strip is to figure out where the green light really is.

Well I didnt set the world on fire today. ( not surpriese) but I did make a few passes 3 to be exact. First pass was weak did a 12 second pass to see how the motor ran. (good) 2nd pass I steppped it up some but still rather weak 12 sec. Throttle issuess. I also had some issues with my trans brake and my delay box talking to each other. I also couldn't get my lauch chip to work correctly. The one with the screw adjustment. So I took my 2 stept and pluged it in to see how that would do. Also my throttle was not opening up my carb much so I worked on that as well seems the trans shield flange was holding the pedal from going full open. So I worked on that. My third pass I was hoping for more.
Did a good burnout and had my 2 step engaged. I let go and holy crap I nearly came up on to my bumper listing to the right wall Naturally got off the throttle but, I was done for the day. Now I know 3k is to much launch rpm. So that was the day. Fun day for sure as it was the first nice raceday in a long time with rain due back tomorrow. Test and tune next Saturday if I get everything fixed. Happy Easter

Went 5 races in row last year. -.010-.006,-.001,-.027.-.002
I'm very familiar with the bottom bulb color.
Doug

You are trying hard. I know how to do that.
I make about 10-12 races a year. Last year was the 1st time in 4 years I haven't won at least a few. I changed the way I watch the tree last year. Big learning curve. But in the long run its going to be better.
Doug

I make about 10-12 races a year. Last year was the 1st time in 4 years I haven't won at least a few. I changed the way I watch the tree last year. Big learning curve. But in the long run its going to be better.
Doug
Sure did not mean to insult you. Sorry.

I'm looking forward to a video...

Wheels up baby :thumbsup:

good luck

I keep saying that nothing goes right in April.

Sure did not mean to insult you. Sorry.
None taken. My goal is to be .030 or better every time on the foot brake. We'll see how this year shakes out. I would say the majority of my losses are red. Usually by -.010 or less.
Doug

Foot brake racing is different. "Back in the day" when I bracket raced every warm weather weekend, electronics were getting started. I never adapted to that stuff. The .01 .02 red lights with the foot brake are tough, but what the heck, you need to go for it. I have lots of stories!!! LOL

66Sat & others- what's a trans-brake and other assorted e-lectronic things? Lol

Trans brake locks up the trans so when you press the gas it just stays in place until you let off on the button. A delay box is to launch your car at a certain time after you release the trans brake. Example: you lock up the trans brake then you release it usually on the top yellow light it then counts down to the bottom yellow and automatically releases the trans brake. Off you go. There is a lot of things you can do with the delay box. This is just the basic one.

LOL Canyon I was trying to make a joke in my normal screwed up way.!

Auto Transport Service
Back