• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roadrunner has risen from the dead.

My car has a replay tach. The 7200 chip is good. Been to 7100 many times without hitting it. Also it takes the trans 500 rpm to complete the 1/2, 300 rpm to complete 2/3. Your shift light looks like it comes on 6100-6200
Doug

The latest bad news. I took apart my Dana 60 for a gear change to 4.10 and found a couple of problems. The pinion races were not tight and I noticed they had spun some. Not bad but never good. From my training on Navy radar gear boxes a loose fit is not a fit. We always had to dry ice our races to get them to fit. So out comes the housing and off to the shop for repairs. Another week of so for repairs but, I think it's the best thing to do. so far front to rear is all redone after this. I hope it stops there. I want to go racing.

The latest bad news. I took apart my Dana 60 for a gear change to 4.10 and found a couple of problems. The pinion races were not tight and I noticed they had spun some. Not bad but never good. From my training on Navy radar gear boxes a loose fit is not a fit. We always had to dry ice our races to get them to fit. So out comes the housing and off to the shop for repairs. Another week of so for repairs but, I think it's the best thing to do. so far front to rear is all redone after this. I hope it stops there. I want to go racing.
Good luck, you've earned a great weekend
& some great passes :thumbsup:

What's the saying speed is relative,
how much you wanna' spend ?
is how fast do ya' wanna' go ?

or just
Parts is parts, unfortunately they do break
{wear-out} sometimes
welcome to drag racing:lol:

We'll currently I am having a gear change from 4.56 to 4.10 and discovered the pinion bearing races not tight so that is being repaired and I should have it back Friday

Cool looking forward to timeslips.

Well I finished it up today. Run tomorrow night. See what happens. some pics.

rearend5.JPG

It sounds to me your weekend was pretty sweet as well. Congrats on that new best. I have no idea what to expect tomorrow but, I think it will do well. If I go into the 9's which it should I am going to have to make a decision if I want to stay in that area or go back and be happy in the low tens. I honestly think the tens are where I want to be. First things first get it down the track and look at the numbers.

Nice set up :thumbsup:
good luck & most of all have fun...

I ran last night made three passes to get a feel for the new gear. Not to crowded at the track last night. I ran 10.01, 10.04 and a 10.23 So its ready to step up to the plate I think. my current issue is at 130 mph it seems to want to drift. I may need to lower the car some or a wing. Anyone ever have that? there new slicks also. Its hard to explain but it feels a bit on the edge. Maybe its what 132mph does but, I want it tighter to the track.

Mine runs 145-148 no wing, standard B Body suspension. Drives perfect. Zero toe, 2 1/2 degrees of caster at 2 degree chassis rake.
Doug

Just spit-balling here, throwing out stuff

was there a side wind at Sears Point ?,
usually there is especially right after the grandstands,
at speed, it hits you all of a sudden & makes it feel like
"it's wondering a bit" kind of like a boat rocking type feeling
for lack of a better explanation...

or catching too much air under the car, causing lift {?},
maybe a front spoiler could help, it doesn't take much @ 130

lowering/stance could help some

tire pressure, alignment, lack of caster, shocks
& suspension settings, all could effect that too {?}
any slop in the Heim Joints or bushings etc. {?}

Just spit-balling here, throwing out stuff
Yes there was a side wind last night. I thought about lowering the front a bit we recently raise it a bit. We played with air some last night 11.5 to 13 rear and 31 to 34 front. I'm going to align it this week. The suspension is new. The wind was blowing 6+ mph last night
was there a side wind at Sears Point ?,
usually there is especially right after the grandstands,
at speed, it hits you all of a sudden & makes it feel like
"it's wondering a bit" kind of like a boat rocking type feeling
for lack of a better explanation...

or catching too much air under the car, causing lift {?},
maybe a front spoiler could help, it doesn't take much @ 130

lowering/stance could help some

tire pressure, alignment, lack of caster, shocks
& suspension settings, all could effect that too {?}
any slop in the Heim Joints or bushings etc. {?}

"Canyon707, post: 910693968, member: 17880"
All that you mentioned within my quote,
The front end height, tire pressures & alignment, new set up
{check all the stuff make sure nothing is lose, came lose or "wobbly", too much movement side to side}
6 mph wind isn't that bad, for a weeknight at Sears Point,
as I remember it... Much worse usually...
But those all could be contributing factors...
Which one is the major culprit, it the big question...

good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back