• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Topping out at about 90mph

Spicer shows 3300 RPM's will get you about 70 MPH...

https://spicerparts.com/calculators/transmission-ratio-rpm-calculator

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 4.18.02 PM.png

no I mean the rpm the same with the gears and speed and tires?
Yes top end speed has been the same with both converters. Have not tried swapping to taller tires yet. I figured id ask here and see if someone had any other ideas as to why I'm leaving so much on the table.

The tire/rpm/gear ratio formulas are straight forward. What else were You thinking/hoping it could be ?

A 275/60/15 tire is 28" tall. Just sayin'.

Do you actually have a tach or are you going by a calibrated ear? < sarcasm. Hopefully you have a tach. I had a 440 that wouldn’t rev higher than 5500rpm. I switched from manifolds to headers and it’d go to 6300ish. You’re not running 2-1/2 exhaust with conventional mufflers or something crazy restrictive like that are ya?

Do you actually have a tach or are you going by a calibrated ear? < sarcasm. Hopefully you have a tach. I had a 440 that wouldn’t rev higher than 5500rpm. I switched from manifolds to headers and it’d go to 6300ish. You’re not running 2-1/2 exhaust with conventional mufflers or something crazy restrictive like that are ya?
Open headers at the moment, and i do have an aftermarket tach.

Auto Transport Service
Back