• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toy Store Spot welder , anyone use one?

SgtLee511

Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
Visited Harbor Freight today, I was looking at that 180.00 spot welder, has anyone used this with any success. I'm about to replace my trunk gutters and it looked like it could be used for that, Everything else ive done has been with a wire welder,

save your money for a real tool and keep using your wire welder.

I can't get behind anything from Harbor Freight but a tool such as that would be perfect for trunk gutters.

Yes I've tried the Harbor Freight spot welder and believe me it is NOT something you want to buy. Very cheaply built, tough to get a quality weld, would say maybe got less than 10 welds out of it and decided it wasn't worth the time. Tips deflect easily, tip alignment issues on and on. So can you weld with it, yes, but way too much aggravation for each spot weld, not a time saver. Wound up buying one from Eastwood I believe and works like a charm, built much better, literally got hundreds of welds done with this and no issues.

Look for the YouTube video on how to easily build a spot welder from an old microwave oven.

FYI - looked it up and I did not get the spot welder from Eastwood, I got it from Cyberweld and it's a Miller.
spot weld gun.jpg

whoa!

I bought this used Dayton about a month ago for 200.00 . I'd go with Miller or Dayton

spot welder.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back