• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to docment history of A12 Road Runner

Dejavu1

Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
I've owned two A12s; and the one I currently own (medium green, radio delete, console, automatic, 28,000 mile Road Runner), I purchased in Greeley Colorado in 1998; and restored it to original specs and condition. It is numbers matching, and correct in every way (and with the build sheet, which I found in the headliner). I know it came into Colorado in the early 1980s; and that it was originally from Ohio (Columbus area), and built at the Lynch Road Plant in May of 1969. I am trying to determine it's original owner and/or Ohio Dealership, or anyone who may have owned the car; after it was manufactured, and before it found it's way to Colorado.

I have photos of it just after it arrived in Colorado. At that time it displayed a gold and brown "Lace" paintjob (popular in the late 1960s and early 1970s). Inside the left door-jamb, the custom-painter had signed his name ("Chico"). It also had a plate riveted to the firewall (which read "Transmission by Bruce"). Someone had mounted electric fuel pumps in the trunk and the stock manifolds had been replaced with headers.

If any of this rings a bell with anyone, please reply.

Auto Transport Service
Back