• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Got a chance to get back on the 518 rebuild after having to put down our 15 year old Husky. First few days were rough but I find that it helps to stay busy. Made a simple stand out of 2x4's to keep it upright and level for assembly.
20240204_181141.jpg

So sorry to hear about having to put down a member of the family. It hurts like crazy. :(

So sorry to hear about having to put down a member of the family. It hurts like crazy. :(
Thanks Hawk. They're never around long enough. We were very fortunate to have that much time with her.
20210202_090840.jpg

Husky Heaven - We have four Huskies there now , good feeling knowing we rescued all four of them over the years from the Humane Society’s in WI - Have two more running around in the backyard with little snow we still have in WI

May they all dig holes together upstairs

Peace and Take Care

Our Latest Two from broken homes - They are definitely a hand full , and a very special breed

God Bless yours

IMG_0416.jpeg

I looked at the car today , took the cover off

50s by the end of the week and rain - Snow is pretty much all gone

So tempted to install the battery and turn the key

But then realize it’s the first week of February in WI

1707661003361.png

Finally have time to pull out fuel tank

1707661135464.png

IMG_4121.png

Prepping area I’ll try to install next weekend

Last edited:
Making my way across the bottom of the car sanding the final primer coat with 320. Time consuming and tedious but I'm **** so whatever. Then the engine bay and inside the trunk is next, then finally the outside of the body will get wet sanded with 360 and then 500, then paint!

IMG_20240210_150446085.jpg
IMG_20240210_150453665.jpg

Making my way across the bottom of the car sanding the final primer coat with 320. Time consuming and tedious but I'm **** so whatever. Then the engine bay and inside the trunk is next, then finally the outside of the body will get wet sanded with 360 and then 500, then paint!

View attachment 1607409View attachment 1607410

Looks great! I see the car has the triangular plates welded in at the end of the frame rails & additional pinion snubber plate, which only Hemi cars got, but no torque boxes. What's the scoop?

We replaced a blown header gasket yesterday on the Charger. The old was hurting a little.

IMG_8360.jpeg

Looks great! I see the car has the triangular plates welded in at the end of the frame rails & additional pinion snubber plate, which only Hemi cars got, but no torque boxes. What's the scoop?
I added those. I did those pieces and the front spring hanger sandwich plates. I went back and forth with doing the torque boxes and decided to not do them. Car is a numbers R/T so I didn't want to add obvious things like torque boxes or subframe connectors but I figured beefing up the spring areas wouldn't hurt

On the good news side, I managed to squeeze my Ram into my garage and on the lift. With the 6.5' bed, it is a tight squeeze!
20240217_125656.jpg

20240217_125710.jpg

It was time to rotate the tires and change the oil.

Speaking of oil: If someone ran a contest to see if someone could design a more messy oil change system than on my truck, I don't think anyone would be able to win! Changing the oil on my truck sucks!
First, and minor, the oil pan oil goes right out on the sway bar. Not to bad to cover that up when draining the oil...

... but the damn oil filter is another story. The filter is up above the 4 wheel drive stuff, with hoses, brake lines, A/C lines, nooks and crannys, and God knows what else - stuff all over the place. On top of that, my factory off road skid plate sits below this mess and catches all the oil until it runs and drips out the water holes in the plate. Yes, I have tried to divert the oil, but so far have always succeeded in making a mess! :soapbox:
20240217_131257.jpg

Got a wild hair and installed the driver side window sweeps on the 70rr. Easier than I thought.
The old ones came right out without having to pull the whole window assembly.
Don’t know if I’m digging the new ones they don’t have that original stainless bead at the top of the doors. Maybe I bought some cheap junk.
Chime in opinions. I’m not out but a $100 so with today’s big prices for small parts,maybe I got junk.
Thanks!

image.jpg

image.jpg

View attachment 1607399
Finally have time to pull out fuel tank

View attachment 1607400

View attachment 1607405
Prepping area I’ll try to install next weekend
I did much the same on Thursday just gone, and dropped off a few fittings to the guy repairing my tank. I bought a Holley in-tank pump mid-last-year, and I am having a flange welded in place as well as relocating the breather outlet - so not an easy fix for a DIY job at home. The horse-shoe shaped strengthening ring was used as a template only - a new CNC cut flange will be welded inside & out for maximum non-leakage through the fixing screws. Hoping to collect the tank Monday next week or soon after .....have another Poker Run on March 3rd.

In my haste to remove the tank, I forgot to take any pictures. :lol:
20240215_144043.jpg
20240216_082710.jpg

New pump locates right over the label.....easily replaced. Now all I need to do is make up a few more braided hoses ready for installation time.

Assembled the pins on a set of forged 440 slugs.

For those not familiar: The machine below heats up the small end of the rods so the pins can slide in (when at the same temp there is a .001" - .002" press fit). The part that holds the piston allows for an adjustment so that when you press the pin in the rod is exactly centered. It works well but you have to be fast and perfectly aligned or they get stuck!
20240221_081916.jpg

All done! Now to file fit and install rings.
20240221_110123.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back