• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Assembled the pins on a set of forged 440 slugs.

For those not familiar: The machine below heats up the small end of the rods so the pins can slide in (when at the same temp there is a .001" - .002" press fit). The part that holds the piston allows for an adjustment so that when you press the pin in the rod is exactly centered. It works well but you have to be fast and perfectly aligned or they get stuck!
View attachment 1615022

All done! Now to file fit and install rings.
View attachment 1615023
I assume that is Barry's engine? Gotta hurry, or Mark will have the body ready first.

I assume that is Barry's engine? Gotta hurry, or Mark will have the body ready first.
Yes, it is Barry's engine.

I'm hoping to have the short block together in the next couple of weeks.

@eldubb440 will probably beat me, but I'm not too worried. There is a lot more work needed before the car starts moving around!

Working on cleaning and rebuilding the front carb

IMG_8192.jpeg

Musta been a mouse :eek:

IMG_8198.jpeg

Finished rear carb

IMG_8162.jpeg

Fired it up, backed it out and went for a cruise to fill up the tank from a half tank $24.00.
IMG_20240224_131627.jpg

The GTX has been uncovered most of the winter while I replaced the exhaust system and did a handful of other small projects. It was pretty dusty and full of hand prints so I spent part of the day cleaning up the exterior. If it’s nice tomorrow I may pull the GTX outside to clean up the garage floor and move the truck to the middle bay so I can do some work on it.

IMG_9995.jpeg

Cruising is still about a month away but the GTX is ready to go…

IMG_9997.jpeg

IMG_9998.jpeg

The GTX has been uncovered most of the winter while I replaced the exhaust system and did a handful of other small projects. It was pretty dusty and full of hand prints so I spent part of the day cleaning up the exterior. If it’s nice tomorrow I may pull the GTX outside to clean up the garage floor and move the truck to the middle bay so I can do some work on it.

View attachment 1615498

Cruising is still about a month away but the GTX is ready to go…

View attachment 1615499

View attachment 1615500
How do I know that I am not worthy with my measly Road Runner and garage?

When a guy has a beautiful GTX with a garage floor that matches their car!

I do hope if you make it to Carlisle that you'll still share a beer with me and not just hang out with that cranium guy! :drinks:

:luvplace:

I do hope if you make it to Carlisle that you'll still share a beer with me and not just hang out with that cranium guy! :drinks:

When I finished building my ‘58 Apache my wife suggested giving the garage a makeover because it was looking pretty rough. I finished the drywall and painted, got some decent storage cabinets and put down the Raceddeck flooring.

Pardon the mess, today is clean up day…

image.jpg

:rofl:

Easy job, plate came in for the wife’s car, changed oil and then took cover off
IMG_2896.jpeg
and went for a nice drive, sunny and 48 today

Cleaned and oiled the air filter on Cora.
20240303_120324.jpg

I used these on all my cars when I was building them. They came in very handy and looked straight and clean. I don't need all of them, if you do, ask. I don't sell, I give.
20240303_120529.jpg
20240303_120547.jpg
20240303_120605.jpg

nothing to the AAR waiting for a backordered 3" cylinder hone to rebuild the wide mouth front calipers. Gathered the rest of the parts for a complete front brake refurbishment, hope the parts fit without too much grinding or drilling. put the ancient trickle charger on the challenger to bring it up a bit while I was trying to finish the last projects on the new shop.

Auto Transport Service
Back