• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what head gaskets are u using

[QUOTE="stage3, post: great...espeasially the 3705 carbs which were still set up for racing......170 main jets!!!wow.
.170" opening? The internal passages aren't even close that size. My 900hp 572 w generic 3705's only runs 110 secondary jets.
Doug[/QUOTE]
no...there #171's...not .170 thousants..
ordered the fel pro 1009's today...used them before,,good gaskets...MLS does come in varying thickness's but the block is only to be square decked..and the heads even less...

.170" opening? The internal passages aren't even close that size. My 900hp 572 w generic 3705's only runs 110 secondary jets.
Doug
ordered the fel pro 1009's today...used them before,,good gaskets...MLS does come in varying thickness's but the block is only to be square decked..and the heads even less...[/QUOTE]be careful with the 1009's. make sure the fire ring is away from the cylinder bore.

ordered the fel pro 1009's today...used them before,,good gaskets...MLS does come in varying thickness's but the block is only to be square decked..and the heads even less...
be careful with the 1009's. make sure the fire ring is away from the cylinder bore.[/QUOTE]
thanks..should be o.k...1009 measures 4.410 and the marine block will be overbored .015...@ 4.265...would have only gone .005 or .010 over but the ring selection's available according to diamond pistons says its a lot easier at .015...they have to make the pistons anyway...just waiting on the machine shop with the deck height measurement to pull the trigger on them...piston comp height is everything....I want between 0-.005 in the hole...

[QUOTE="stage3, post: great...espeasially the 3705 carbs which were still set up for racing......170 main jets!!!wow.
Doug[/QUOTE]

just looked at my notes on these carbs....secondarys were...#171's!! and primarys were #176's!!the metering rods look custom.very lite..I detuned the jets in them and installed larger squirters..keeping for now the springs until we fire the motor and use the dvorak afb race tuning manual on them...

In the past I always used the Fel Pro 1009 gaskets. Just changed to Cometic with Trick Flow aluminum heads, although a bit costly they can be reused. My builder says, "spray them with Copper Coat and use them again". Static comp is 13.6

Im using Edelbrock 7325's:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-7325
Went to these after popping a source gasket last year. It looked like the source gasket was too close to the bore, so I was looking for a large bore, thin gasket.

Compression in my 451 is 10.75:1, if my heads are truly 80cc like source says.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back