• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What transmission fluid to use

The 16 roller type is the best available. Most of the bolt-ins were designed as case savers when the stock outer race becomes loose. Jeff Freese broke a Dana 2 years ago with his 10.0 N/SS car. I tried to fix it at the track. It had a 16 element. Still took out the case.
Doug
---
That's not good to hear. I guess we build them the strongest that we can and hope things stay together. There's some twist on the splines, is this normal?

IMG_4927.JPG

Great enginuity with the trans-hoist, Malex! The more I see of your shop, the more I’m not sure what I like more..... it or the 64 Plymouth that lives in it. Count me as fans of both.

:canada:

Did ya fire it today? Let’s hear the beast.
---
Thanks 67! Actually I did. Everything went smooth as silk, ran it through the gears. Checked the transbrake, ran it up to 4000 on stall. Lots of good parts in the 727 and Lenny says the converter is built to stall at 5600 to 5700. I did change to the low-gear set so it will be closer to 5600.
I didn't do a vid today but I have something shortly before the transmission came out.
Check it out.

Love it, I know you posted it before somewhere but can ya refresh my memory on your cam specs again?

Auto Transport Service
Back