• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Wheel stud needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

1BAD426GTX

Local time
9:23 AM
Reaction score
I put new tires on my GTX and the tech stripped a wheel stud. My GTX is a factory HEMI car with the Super Track Pak. I can't locate a correct wheel stud for the Kelsey Hayes 4 piston calipers anywhere. If anyone can help me out let me know. I've attached a photo so you can see what it looks like.
Thanks

wheel stud.jpg

There's nothing special about a "hemi" wheel stud & your calipers have nothing to do with it. You should be able to get one at AutoZone, Advance, NAPA, etc.

IF, there 's something special about that particular wheel stud OR you're trying to have a 100% original, date-coded, every nut, bolt, grease mark, etc. correct car, then you might want to run a die over those threads and/or weld it up & re-machine it. Again, IF you're trying for a 100% correct car, then another option (easier/cheaper) would be to just pull a factory wheel stud out of any car of about '69 and you should be OK.

Dorman 610-136 is the correct stud for front disc brake cars. .637 knurl, 1.75" length Length measured under the head) Verify before buying.
Pack of 10 on Rock auto for about $11.00

Thanks for the help. Now that I have a part number I can find it. All our local 18 year old part jockeys are clueless. If it's not an import they don't want to be bothered. I've tried 5 different stores (Autozone, O'reilly, Pepboys and more) and it seems to be too much work for them to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back