• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is Everyone Staying at Carlisle this Year?

....handing out free candy to children again? :rofl:
Sssshhhh........no need to draw attention.

Actually at Western Village RV park, same place the last 30 years. I have enough seniority there to have a primo spot near the pool. Lots of Carlisle attendees stay there.

Quality Inn, on the Pike, next-door to the Middlesex Diner. Easy drive to the Show...

Holiday Inn Carlisle right off the turnpike exit. Stayed there since it was built in '14. Have to book it a year out but worth it.

I'll be staying in California..
News Man Pissed Damn it.gif

I had hotel, rental car & flight reservations for 2020, we actually had a group of eight including a historian who specializes in the Civil War & had plans of an extended vacation to check out Washington DC, the Smithsonian, and various Civil War sites from Pennsylvania to Georgia... ... Then Covid came along... Followed by Jan 6th... Until things change I have no intention of spending time in our Capitol.... Maybe We'll try again in 2025....

20+ years ago you could camp on the hill. Used to tent with a group of friends. Campfire and drinking, some great memories. My son and I talk about it every once in awhile. Now that I'm old, we come in the motorhome. Already made reservations. Having a hard time deciding what to bring for the show...

For years I would stay at the Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg. Then a couple years ago I switched to the La Quinta Inn Mechanicsburg. I just make a reservation for the following year at check out. Sure, you're gonna pay a ridiculous up charge for a 2 star hotel, but I'm not going to Carlisle for the room or shitty hotel pool. I'm so beat from walking around the fairgrounds I just shower and sleep in the room anyway.

This is my first year going. We booked a room in Mechanicsburg at one of the Hilton brand hotels. I can't remember the exact name. I'm excited to finally go.

For years I would stay at the Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg. Then a couple years ago I switched to the La Quinta Inn Mechanicsburg. I just make a reservation for the following year at check out. Sure, you're gonna pay a ridiculous up charge for a 2 star hotel, but I'm not going to Carlisle for the room or shitty hotel pool. I'm so beat from walking around the fairgrounds I just shower and sleep in the room anyway.
Same here

I stay at the Hampton Inn, Harrisburg West. LOTS of good trailer parking and a fantastic restaurant/brewery across the street. I have also stayed across the street at the Homewood suites which is really nice but it lacks trailer parking.

Western Village RV Park. If you are coming in with a camper, this is the place. They also have cottages but my guess is those are all booked way ahead of time. I always put a deposit down on the spot I stay in for next year when I leave. It is a car show every night walking around after dinner.

D

Not to hijack this thread, but if anyone is thinking about staying in Western Village it would be best to try for a site ASAP. Almost all the sites are sold out for that weekend. It wouldn't hurt to be put on a cancelation list. I reserve for the next year before I leave to assure the same site.

Quality Inn, on the Pike, next-door to the Middlesex Diner. Easy drive to the Show...
This is where I stay. My friend books a few rooms and he saves one for me. In my opinion the rates are very high for a hotel with no pool but at least they give you some breakfast. Some friends stay there so that kind of makes up for the high rates.

The Western Village sounds pretty cool with the car show every night. Just curious, if you have an RV and you go there do you drive your Mopar separately or tow it in?

This is where I stay. My friend books a few rooms and he saves one for me. In my opinion the rates are very high for a hotel with no pool but at least they give you some breakfast. Some friends stay there so that kind of makes up for the high rates.

The Western Village sounds pretty cool with the car show every night. Just curious, if you have an RV and you go there do you drive your Mopar separately or tow it in?

My rig is a combination RV/hauler. I usually enter a car in the show and drive in every day. It is only 4 miles and you never have a long wait to get into the grounds.

Auto Transport Service
Back