• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White interior question?

Lowhound

Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
Im planning on putting all white interior in my 70 Superbee. All the pics I have seen of B bodies with white interior have had a black dash & black dash pad. Was there an option to have the dash color the same as the exterior? Say a blue car/white interior with a blue dash & pad? Also need to know about the upper door color above the door panel. Is it supposed to be white like the interior or could it be the same as the exterior body color?

white interior cars got black carpets, black dash, & black dash pads...consoles were black also. White parts were seats, door panels, arm rests, sun visors, and headliner

white interior cars got black carpets, black dash, & black dash pads...consoles were black also. White parts were seats, door panels, arm rests, sun visors, and headliner

upper door frame usually painted white or parchment too

IIRC, upper door frame color was an option, but almost all were built with same color as int.

Every now and then you see a "tri-color" interior car.

I've also seen a couple black cars with gold int, but black upper door frames.

My 67 R/T has a white interior. For reference, components that are white are seat covers, door panels, and arm rests. The dash (& pad), carpet, visors, and UDF are all black. I know it hasn't been changed because it's an unrestored car I bought from the original owner. I think the combinations got more flexible in later years.

Cheers,

JD

In mine, the seats are white, but the rest of the interior is blue, except for the console, which is black.

But, I'm guessing it was changed at some time before my son bought it.

My 66-300 also has a white int. The ext. is red w/wht. top. Int. looks like this. 300_11.jpg
300_10.jpg

huh, weird. so did my interior get changed out at some point? it has blue carpet, blue dash pad and top and blue on the upper door trim. as far as i was told, it wasnt molested save for the console that got replaced.

GTX Interior (36).jpgGTX Interior (46).jpg

huh, weird. so did my interior get changed out at some point? it has blue carpet, blue dash pad and top and blue on the upper door trim. as far as i was told, it wasnt molested save for the console that got replaced.

yours looks correct..carpet & dash pad should be blue in your car

Later B bodies had the color combos you are speaking about. I'm presently doing a restomod on a 75 Doba. The original car was green with a white leather interior. The carpet, console, dash, dash pad and deck at rear window are emerald green. The door panel is white and made of formed plastic and leather. Beneath the door handle is a 12 in band of green carpet material.

My '67 Coronet has White interior, seats, door trims. Would have had Black rubber mats. Console is black, dashpad is black. Headlining is Black.
9818009494_6f7d3f3d0b_b.jpg

Somewhere in there they made a transition on the headliner. My 67 with white interior, headliner is black. My 73, also white interior, headliner is white. I believe 71 was the first year for white headliner.

have heard 68 was first year for white headliner in some cars

my 68' charger had white Interior, and white headliner.

View attachment 162985View attachment 162986
That's interesting Mario. My son's 72 looks just like that except for the doors. They are blue as well. I think I have some pics in another post. Let me see if I can find them.

Here is a pic I found of an original interior from an old brochure for a 70 Coronet and a Super Bee. Hope this may help out a bit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

My 70 RR- White interior, seats, doorpanels, headliner, black dash.3794_3.JPG

I think 68 and earlier could be one of a few primary colors and white, and then again after 74.

There was a window, say 69-74 where white interiors got black dash and carpet only* (yes I know better).

Auto Transport Service
Back