• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who besides me hates the time change?

The neighbors dog hates it too. Barking now starts at 6 am.

Being retired, it doesn't really affect my sleep but yeah, I hate it anyways. It's already a pita to reset the freaking clocks every time the electricity 'blinks' but having to do it 2 more times a year for something that does nothing anymore???? Yeah, it sucks. Hey, should have started a poll :D

I personally don’t mind the time change, as I like the summer when it doesn’t get dark until 10pm here. In the middle of winter, I don’t care if it gets dark at 5, anything I go out for in the winter usually includes plowing, which I prefer to do at night anyway.

Put it half way.

...and leave it.

I barely have use for any clock...... I wouldn't know if nobody told me (double negative KD, I know) :D

I've never liked the time change. I much prefer to have extra light to get something done after work.
Now my dog wants to eat an hour early both in the morning and the evening. He started pestering my just before 4pm yesterday. Just when he'll get used to the 'standard time' schedule he'll get thrown off again when we go back to Daylight Savings Time.

I barely have use for any clock...... I wouldn't know if nobody told me (double negative KD, I know) :D
When you start having to make doctor's appointments you'll have more use for a clock lol

If God had meant it to be 'dst' , he woulda moved Greenwich England 15° east.
He didnt, so we should leave it. Hate the time change idiocy.

oops... I should 'proof' before I hit send... sorry.

Last edited:
Back in my working days, I traveled often across the country being goofed up sometimes with time as it is: EST, CST, etc. Same with nationwide conference calls when it wasn’t clear on the time zone. As I recall in one state the time was different in one part than the other maybe it was those adhering to daylight savings and others not…or being in EST and the other CST. Same state, different offices showing up an hour late for a meeting.

Maybe should a done the Three-Stooges method..

Don't like it - Never have. What did it ever really accomplish and is there any relevancy to this day and age?

Initially it was an energy conservation initiative, to help the war effort in WWI. It was repealed after the war, but brought back for WWII, and just kinda never went away until the gov't turned it into law in the mid 60s.

Despite the fact that our current regime seems to like running multiple wars at once...I think we need to ditch it. Go 30 minutes, and leave it alone. I hate this "dark at 5pm" bullshit.

it sucks big blue donkey slongs

I like it. There is a bill to keep standard time that we are on now. That means for 4 weeks in the summer the sun starts to pop up at 4:00am.

For those of us who don't have chickens or cattle to feed. What good is that? I would rather have more light later in the day.

JMO.

1699311254329.jpeg

Stolen meme.

Everyone hates it. Keep the time based on the DST. Don't need daytime at 4am, it's better at 8pm. Period. Case closed.

Auto Transport Service
Back