• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your thoughts on this 1970 V Code Super Bee for sale?

Some day, but not this year or next.. or probably the next after that. They've been printing money for decades, when is the last time that a country had to back their wallet with held gold? I'm just trying to wiggle my money back out at minimum tax before that ever happens.

Stock market still rising, that ain't happening anytime soon. I made 2 % in the 30 days from Dec 11 to January 10th alone.

"Redeem and pay my taxes".. on your side of the imaginary line maybe! On our yearly RSP draw (Fedex just showed up with our cheques an hour ago for 2024) I have it pretty much down to a science at 12% tax pay out. Wife's open mutual funds are tax free to withdraw, but of course the capital gain isn't. We only pay tax on 50% of the gain, I have her pretty much down to 15% tax per year when pulling both her RSP amount and some Mutual funds. Have had zero employment income for over a decade, so time to get the RSP out the best we can before we turn 71. Stock market is obviously going to correct itself at some point, but it ain't gonna crash.
dad, maybe you can point out what looks Stable in the Markets ? I just had my conference on finances, and we agreed only about 10 Stocks holding the Market up. When Our Election hits the Skids, there is NO Reason for Them to keep it Artificially Inflated, so it's an Easy Way to Reclaim ALL that Monopoly Money...

When Our Election hits the Skids, there is NO Reason for Them to keep it Artificially Inflated, so it's an Easy Way to Reclaim ALL that Monopoly Money...
I don't want a used car thread to go political, but you do realize there are a lot more countries than the USA and markets than the DOW...

Some day, but not this year or next.. or probably the next after that. They've been printing money for decades, when is the last time that a country had to back their wallet with held gold? I'm just trying to wiggle my money back out at minimum tax before that ever happens.

dad, maybe you can point out what looks Stable in the Markets ? I just had my conference on finances, and we agreed only about 10 Stocks holding the Market up. When Our Election hits the Skids, there is NO Reason for Them to keep it Artificially Inflated, so it's an Easy Way to Reclaim ALL that Monopoly Money...
I'm with you. I'm holding I bonds and USD waiting for it all to go 2008 again. Only stock I made a play on was ITA because Yellen said "we can absolutely afford two wars" and they started making military recruitment with straight White males again. Hell, I'm praying for a collapse so I can get the things I want, buy total market at a trough, and do nothing until I die on the Harley. For you, living in NY state, I cannot imagine the deals. Every time I see some amazing house for sale for peanuts it's in NY because of awful politics and demographics, but the potential!

Never let investment decisions get in the way of your Mopars, and never let politics get in the way of your investment decisions.

40k seems high with-out the numbers matching engine. IMO if it were numbers matching and complete 40K would be cheap for a triple black v-code car. The other big thing I didn't see is the 6 pack set-up probably looking at 5k easily just for a restored set-up with correct date coded parts. To get to the 120-upk value it more than likely will have the "original" block found along with a **** load of money and years of NOS parts hunting!

Here's another one I keep seeing. Owner doesn't seem to know anything substantial about it. Ad is all bonkers. I've asked twice for the fender tag and they fail to supply it. That rust through the roof though.... how?

Another I found interesting. Charger interior for some reason. Looks like a slapdash clone, if you can even call it a clone. But has some cool parts.

I don't want a used car thread to go political, but you do realize there are a lot more countries than the USA and markets than the DOW...
Agreed. Let me know in the proper forum...

40k seems high with-out the numbers matching engine. IMO if it were numbers matching and complete 40K would be cheap for a triple black v-code car. The other big thing I didn't see is the 6 pack set-up probably looking at 5k easily just for a restored set-up with correct date coded parts. To get to the 120-upk value it more than likely will have the "original" block found along with a **** load of money and years of NOS parts hunting!

Right or wrong, I think $40k is close to where it should be. I paid North of that for the Sublime car pictured. Yes, it is a factory N96 car but it also was subject to losing its original engine AND transmission years ago. I have a broadcast sheet and am looking for it’s original block and A833 case. Just saying, maybe I overpaid, but I don’t think so. I wanted either Black or Sublime and consider myself lucky to have found the car that I did!

DE61FDC8-04C3-4120-9717-177371CF0D99.jpeg

I never buy my cars as investments. It is for the love of this hobby. However, I never lost any money on a car if I have had to sell something. I don't have 10G's into my red 70' R/T S.E. including purchasing it to date and that is with owning it 34+ years. Since a 70' R/T S.E. just sold at Mecum for 230G's. I would say I am doing okay. I have several of the same stories on all my other cars as well.

View attachment 1591341

View attachment 1591378
You need one of these:
71iFkp1zB2L._AC_UL1500_.jpg

I think it’s a $25k car tops. I love ‘em and want one but let’s Bee real. Anybody that hasn’t restored a 70 Bee that’s got rust issues is in for a treat. Can anyone tell me what a set of good fenders, hood, deck lid and NOS quarters cost for a 70 Bee? You could be possibly looking at least $15-$20k in sheet metal alone if the quarters could be found. Quarter skins are available but it seems like 7 out of 10 of these bees I look at need full quarters. Throw in the NOM. Various parts missing and I’m done!

I think it’s a $25k car tops. I love ‘em and want one but let’s Bee real. Anybody that hasn’t restored a 70 Bee that’s got rust issues is in for a treat. Can anyone tell me what a set of good fenders, hood, deck lid and NOS quarters cost for a 70 Bee? You could be possibly looking at least $15-$20k in sheet metal alone if the quarters could be found. Quarter skins are available but it seems like 7 out of 10 of these bees I look at need full quarters. Throw in the NOM. Various parts missing and I’m done!
If you can buy triple black V code 4 speed,Dana Super Bees for 25k you better buy every one you can find!

Right or wrong, I think $40k is close to where it should be. I paid North of that for the Sublime car pictured. Yes, it is a factory N96 car but it also was subject to losing its original engine AND transmission years ago. I have a broadcast sheet and am looking for it’s original block and A833 case. Just saying, maybe I overpaid, but I don’t think so. I wanted either Black or Sublime and consider myself lucky to have found the car that I did!

View attachment 1593442
I would say, as long as you could afford what ever you paid and your happy. You didn't over pay.

Auto Transport Service
Back