• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘70 Road Runner Under Hood Light ?

PurpleBeeper

Local time
2:01 AM
Reaction score
When I bought my Road Runner many years ago, it had a light similar to this one under the hood, not connected to anything. That light is long gone. Now, I have this similar light socket. Is an under-hood light an option in a 70 Road Runner? Where does it get installed on an air grabber hood? How is it wired in? What turns on the light? I do have the A01 light package option if that matters
THANKS!

IMG_4900.jpeg

I’ve never seen that on all the 70’s I’ve ever seen but there could be but most like not

No, never for 1970.

that is late 70's mopar light,

When I bought my Road Runner many years ago, it had a light similar to this one under the hood, not connected to anything. That light is long gone. Now, I have this similar light socket. Is an under-hood light an option in a 70 Road Runner? Where does it get installed on an air grabber hood? How is it wired in? What turns on the light? I do have the A01 light package option if that matters
THANKS!

View attachment 1629082
There are generally two ways to activate the light; either a mechanical switch similar to a door jamb switch, often used in trunk lights, or a mercury switch that completes the circuit when the bulb/switch and bracket are tilted up past a certain angle.

Auto Transport Service
Back