• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘We Haven’t Been On A Date In A While,’ Says Wife Who Apparently Doesn’t Remember Yesterday’s Costco Trip

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
Article Image

COLCHESTER, VT — A local marriage is reportedly on the rocks after a woman expressed a desire to go on more dates with her husband, apparently forgetting he just took her to Costco yesterday.

"We haven't been on a date in a while," said Norma Jones, apparently unable to recall the previous day's long and fruitful visit to Costco. "We should go out, just the two of us. I feel like we're drifting apart."

Witnesses report the husband, Mark Jones, was offended by the insinuation. "Babe, what are you talking about? We just went to Costco yesterday! That place has everything. We ate trail mix samples together! I bet you can't name a more romantic place."

Norma suggested the Trattoria Delia in Burlington, a fine-dining Italian restaurant known for its exquisite culinary delights.

"Babe, that place has got nothing on a Costco hot dog and soda for $1.50. Then you can enjoy a nice hike through wide open aisles followed by complimentary hors d'ouervres," Mr. Jones retorted. "Babe, you can't beat it."

At publishing time, Mark had finally relented and taken his wife out for an intimate evening at Bass Pro Shops.

"A Mans' Ideology/Reasoning"
can you really count Costco/shopping as date,
they enjoy it "far more than you should" especially if you're paying too...
& I don't go to Costco so I wouldn't know...

Nearest one is 80+ miles from here, not really worth the time & fuel

But if it's shopping 'for her' anytime IMHFO
that should be considered a date
seems to be just as much of a waste of time & $$$$ as the
traditional $$ date (movie, drinks or dancing etc.) & $$$ dinner
(that lobster she orders or food she doesn't eat, wasted $$ at $70+ a plate)
When most of the time if you're honest, you're just doing it,
to get brownie points &/or to get in her pants...
(sometime in the very near future, :bananadance: just like a date :poke: )

Can you say ? "you really enjoy shopping with them"
add a few teenage girls/daughters it's outright torture

:carrot:

From a guy who's been single & an empty nester of 20 years,
that still sort of dates, booty calls anyway
(Lisa has been gong, just as long too)

Last edited:
Actually, many people have to pick just one. Our new way of living............. When I go to Costco, if I don't spend at least 400 dollars, I go back in till I do!!

Auto Transport Service
Back