• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 11" rear brake backing plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
Anybody got a decent pair of these? For a 69 Bee. Not certain about the year range, but do know that 8 3/4 and Dana are the same. Mine have some broken tabs that I have never happen seen before.

20190324_135732.jpg

I am not really sure to be honest The fsm calls them piston stops.

Look under Mech Parts For Sale, pg 3, 11" Backing Plates, from "hemi71x". I picked up a set from him, and they are excellent. You'll have them in a few days also...

For safety when some dummy jumps on the brakes without drums on!
You think I am worrying about nothing and should use them?

I think they just keep the pistons from coming out when the shoes are off. My 67 coronet does not have them. I think they pissed somebody off when installing the cyls. and they twisted them off. I can't see how else it would happen. I would smooth off the broken ends, and call it done.

I think they just keep the pistons from coming out when the shoes are off. My 67 coronet does not have them. I think they pissed somebody off when installing the cyls. and they twisted them off. I can't see how else it would happen. I would smooth off the broken ends, and call it done.
I am liking that idea. Just never have seen them broke like this. Fairly thick metal that would take quite a bit of force to get them to break.

The only reason the piston stops are so thick is because they are part of the doubler plate, which needs to be quite strong.

Unless your displaying your brake hardware at a show......I wouldn't even think of replacing them......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back