• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

17x8 all around

Primodude

Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
I’m looking at getting some new wheels for my 1969 bee and a lot of the wheels I’m looking at are on back order in the sizes I want. Initially I was thinking 17x7 fronts with 17x8 rears. But the wheels I found only come in 17x8. They are 0 offset and 4.5” backspacing. Curious how skinny of a tire I could run with an 8” wide front wheel? I like the staggered look and wondering what I could get away with. Thinking a 275/50/17 or 275/55/17 in the rear depending on what tire options are available.

31413356-DB00-4C69-9085-53FEB7E85435.jpeg

Your best bet is probably to spend some time on Tire Rack's web site looking at the specs for some candidate tires. In the specs they have minimum and maximum recommended wheel width from the manufacturer for the specific tire you are looking at (make , model, and size). Since different aspect ratio tires can have different recommendations, it is best to spend some time looking into the specific tire type and size you are considering. Also, different make and models of tires of the same size and aspect ratio can have different recommendations due to different tire construction. Sorry I can't be of more help, but this is something that requires some investigation. Tire Rack has an excellent web site with lots of info. Cheers!

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks SOOOOOOOOO good the way it is, don't change a thing!!!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back