• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1959 Imperial Crown Sedan - Barn Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpgmike

Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
80,180 miles on the odometer, Plum with grey cloth interior, power windows, power steering, power brakes, rear window defroster, auto-dimming head lights, clock, adjustable driver’s side mirror, “Wonder Bar” AM Radio (extra pedal on the floor works like a Seek button), and power antenna. For a Northeast car, it’s rather rust-free. It spent 32 years in a barn on the upper level on jack stands; last driven in 1983. I was told it was parked because it needed exhaust and a few other minor things.

The previous owner had the original 413 engine rebuilt (including hardened exhaust seats for unleaded fuel). The 727 push-button transmission was also rebuilt. He then had shoulder surgery and couldn’t physically put it back together. 1959 was the first year for the 413 RB V-8. It was lighter, more powerful, and more fuel efficient than the 392 Hemi it replaced. The 413 sports “Squish Pads” in the closed chamber heads; like modern 2-valve heads. It also has a generous aftermarket support (unlike the Hemi).

The Imperial was Chrysler’s premium line, therefore few were made. The Crown was the mid-line Imperial, with the Base at the bottom and LeBaron at the top. Sadly, they made excellent smash-up derby cars, so not many still exist. Fortunately there are aftermarket companies offering sheet metal now. In the past, rusted sill panels, floors & trunk floors had to be custom fabricated. Much of the rusted metal is available ready to weld in from companies like Bergman, Gary Goers, and RSR (Real Steel Replacement). The car is 99% complete.

After buying the car, I started sand blasting, painting, powder coating, and refurbishing parts. Most of the work is posted at:

http://forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=57801&start=1

I have more invested than I’m asking at $3500. I need to raise some money, but have other items for sale as well. When the money is raised, all other listings will be removed (including this car if not sold).

Side2_Web.png Front2_Web.png Insp1.jpg Dash1_Web.png Door1_Web.png ImpInt2.png ImpInt1.png EngTrans1.png EngineIn1.png

The car is in the northern-most part of New Jersey; 15 miles from NY and 21 miles from PA. More pics:

BackPlateF1.png LFBrake1.png RFBrake1.png MC1.png ImpFloor1.png ImpFloor2.png ImpFloor3.png ImpTrunk1.png ImpTrunk2.png

No, the buyer came through. Thanks for asking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back