• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 front bucket seats question:

62maxx

Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
HiYa, everyone,

What type of aftermarket front bucket seats are you using? My 62 Polara 500 came with some unidentifiable seats when I bought it and I would rather buy new than have these re-upholstered.

If you have brand names and part numbers, that would be super great! Also any seat riser/adapters to raise the seats higher?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Installed leather Sebring convertible seats from a junk yard with built in 3 point seat belts. Liked them so much did the same on my 62 GT Lancer.

Installed leather Sebring convertible seats from a junk yard with built in 3 point seat belts. Liked them so much did the same on my 62 GT Lancer.
Does it have to be from a convertible? (I don't know if there is a difference) And, what year Sebring?
Thanks!

Does it have to be from a convertible? (I don't know if there is a difference) And, what year Sebring?
Thanks!
The Convertible has a integral 3 point seat belt, which solves a lot of issues, but seat needs to very securely mounted because the shoulder belt adds a lot of leverage forces to the mounting in a hard accident. Not sure the year matters.

Here is the drivers side installed.

PA290016-Web seat.jpg

Here is the drivers side installed.

View attachment 1572319
I "see" what you mean about the heaviness of the weight distribution with the Sebring seat. I must say that your existing interior and passenger seat is just beautiful. Here is what I have in the car now when I bought it 20 years ago. No one knows what car they came out of. Definitely not a MoPar. After not too many replies on here, I might just have them re-upholstered.

070.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back