• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Satellite - front disc conversion

JTek4

Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
Hi gang,

So Mopar rookie here, always been a GM guy. Excited to learn this side of the force. :)

1965 Satellite I'm trying to restomod for my mom (nostalgia sake, my dad had one when they first met and he passed 10 years ago).

Looking to swap the front drums for discs. Is there a "budget swap" that can be done with discs/spindles/booster/etc from a later model Mopar, or are you better off buying aftermarket kit? What other year models would fit?

Hi gang,

So Mopar rookie here, always been a GM guy. Excited to learn this side of the force. :)

1965 Satellite I'm trying to restomod for my mom (nostalgia sake, my dad had one when they first met and he passed 10 years ago).

Looking to swap the front drums for discs. Is there a "budget swap" that can be done with discs/spindles/booster/etc from a later model Mopar, or are you better off buying aftermarket kit? What other year models would fit?
Welcome, and make use of the search function at the top right of the site. I recently did the disc swap to my 64 Plymouth. Searched and researched a bunch before I chose the route I wanted to go.
I went with the kit from Doctor Diff that allowed me to keep the 14" wheels. It went fairly smoothly, but you still better have some mechanic knowledge and skills. On an early B Body, don't get the steel lines from Dr. Diff. Go with Inline Tube, and buy the additional distribution block made for the early cars. It's a bolt in, and well worth it. (I figgered it out the hard way....)

I have used disc brake spindles, calipers from M-body ( 5th Ave., Diplomat ) for conversions on early B-body. Brake parts for these are quite inexpensive from RockAuto. The spindles are reversible, side for side, letting you decide where you want to hang calipers. If you car has a front sway bar, you would want to mount calipers to the rear. If you find a donor Dippy Police car, you will also get a bonus rear sway bar that easily adapts to an early B-body.

Auto Transport Service
Back