• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1966 dodge coronet 440

Status
Not open for further replies.

70BurntRt

Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am selling my 1966 Dodge Coronet 440, 318, Auto, PS, Electronic Ignition with working A/C to fund another project. I have had this car for about two years and have fix and or replaced a lot of things to make this a great reliable good looking car. It starts easy and cruises straight down the road. All the gauges and lights work including the original am radio.

The trim is all there and the stainless shines bright without any dents or pitting. It does have some bumps and scratches on some of the side aluminum moldings but I have replaced some of it with better original pieces. I think all or some of the trim is now available new. I have installed a new front bumper but never got around to replacing the back.

The engine runs strong and has no issues. I have rebuilt the original two barrel carburetor, installed new manifold and valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, wires, cap/rotor, fuel sending unit, power steering hoses and pump, heater control valve(not shown in photo), fan belts and radiator hoses, re-cord 26” original radiator and fan shroud, windshield wiper pivot seals, new front windshield and gasket, NOS windshield washer bottle and pump, new brake master cylinder, brakes, wheel cylinders, emergency brake cables (not installed) front wheel bearings, shocks, ball joints, tie rod ends and a front end alignment, re-arched rear springs, recharged working AC system with R12, New Firehawk Indy 500 radial tires, custom dual exhaust that sounds great.
The original saddle and ginger interior is in excellent condition and is complete. The white headliner is in near perfect condition with just a small ½” tear in the front corner and is barely noticeable. It has a new NOS Legendary front seat cover and carpet. The dash and steering wheel are perfect with no cracks. All the glass is in excellent condition and windows go up and down but could probably use some grease.
The body was repainted the original color white and the engine bay and trunk paint black before I got it by the previous owner. It paint looks good and shines well but is not perfect. It’s a little wavy in some spots, a few paint imperfections and has had the lower quarters patched. The car was original undercoated and is solid with the exception of a few spots. The floors are solid but the trunk has three small holes in the upper back floor and the passenger side front frame rail could use a small patch. I have had a local restoration shop look at it and they said it wouldn’t take that much to repair it.
I also have 4 original white wall tires, rims and original hub caps, some small parts and a service manual to go with the car.
I have tried to describe my car honestly and to the best my ability. If you have any question or would like to inspect the car please contact me. I would like to sell it but I don’t need to give it way. I have way more time and money into it than the asking price. If you have ever tried to find and build one of these you know what I am talking about.

$8,900

Thanks for looking.

Steve
Silver Spring, MD CORONET SIDE 1 - COPY_crop.jpgIMG_0373.jpgIMG_0379_crop.jpgIMG_0380.jpgIMG_0381.jpgIMG_0382.jpgIMG_0384.jpgIMG_0385.jpgIMG_0387.jpgIMG_0388.jpgIMG_0389.jpgIMG_0391.jpg

WOW, that's nice!

That is a nice one, Interior looks immaculate. Good luck with the sale.

Damn I hate being broke. A sweet car shows up for a killer price and in my neck of the woods no less. I would prefer water boarding to this torture.

I am selling my 1966 Dodge Coronet 440, 318, Auto, PS, Electronic Ignition with working A/C to fund another project. I have way more time and money into it than the asking price. If you have ever tried to find and build one of these you know what I am talking about.

$8,900

Thanks for looking.

Steve
Silver Spring, MD

View attachment 98437

that's a really nice car Steve and will make someone a hell of a good deal at that price!

I thought so to but nobody's even come out to look at it yet.

Well, keep us posted and good luck. If by chance a miracle happens you will be the first to know. I had a 66 in my late teens. It was a project that i never actually got on the road. I traded it for something. Cant even remember what. there is a shot of it in my pictures of cars i have had.

I had a white 66 (318 with a/c) as my first Mopar.

Blue int with p/w, though.

I totaled it after about a year.

I'm trying to appease the Mopar Gods by bringing one back to be among the living.

If I didn't already have that one (and 3-4 other projects), I'd have already been on a plane.

Do you have any pictures of the under side of the car and shots of the rear quarters, from underneath and up-close around the wheel wells?

Thank you,

LT INNER WHEEL WELL AND RAIL.jpgLT REAR SHACKLE UNDERNEATH.jpgINNER WHEEL WELL.jpgLT QUARTER BACKSIDE.jpgRT TORSION FRAME RAIL.jpgRT TORSION RAIL DAMAGE.jpgRT REAR SHACKLE RAIL DAMAGE_crop.jpgSPARE TIRE WELL.jpgTRUNK HOLE 1.jpgTRUNK HOLE 2.jpgUNDER CAR FLOOR.jpgTRUNK JACK.jpgTRUNK RT BACK WHEEL WELL.jpgWHEEL WELL BACK FRAME RAIL.jpgTRUNK LID LOCK.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

OK Guys here some more photos. The car is a really clean survivor/driver with a few spots I mentioned before. Let me know if I can answer any more questions or if you would like anymore photos. This car still has the original fender tag, build sheet, trunk mat, jack, spare tire and tire cover. Please PM me with your number if you want to talk about it in more detail.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back