• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1966 Dodge Coronet 500 2 Door WP23G6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparmarty50

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have owned this 1966 Coronet 500 for 6 years. I bought if from a guy who has had it since 1998. He bought it from his friends (estate) whom he helped restore it in the later 90’s. The friend passed away as soon as the car was done. It was stored and driven little for about 20 years. It is a dependable fun driving car that sounds great and gets many thumbs up.

This is a real WP23G car that has 383 4 bbl., 727 with build sheet and Certicard. It is an original 2 tone paint (blk/yel) car with black bucket seat/console interior. Options include P/S, P/B (drum), 2 watt AM radio (works), factory rear speaker (rear speaker cone shot) and outside LH remote mirror. Car was special ordered.

All work done (later 90’s) is rebuilt non-original (?) 383 (unk. specs) with 516 heads, rebuilt 727, new ball joints, tie rod ends, control arm bushings and shock absorbers. New P/S pump and re-cored non original radiator. Original rear was 3:23 open, now 4:10 sure grip 489 unit. Headliner, seat coverings and carpet also replaced. Paint is decent driver quality/showing age. It appears to have all original body panels. There was a smaller patch panel put in lower left quarter that is showing its age.

The 383 starts right up. It has a Holley carb, Edelbrock Torker manifold, mild cam, MSD 6 AL ignition, oversized oil pan, Hooker headers Jet-Hot coated inside/outside, stainless exhaust pipes and Flowmaster mufflers..
727 transmission has Cheetah valve body (standard shift pattern).
Glass is excellent, dash and interior nice, lights, wipers, blower fan and horn all work. It has rear air shocks. Wheels are non original Magnums with older redline tires. Bumpers are nice but some chrome/rear panel appears original. It has a spare wheel and jack with correct hook.

I bypassed the heater core about 3 years ago. It was not leaking. I didn’t know its condition and didn’t need it on days I drove it. Car does needs some TLC and comes with most parts to correct. Items needing corrected:
Speedometer needs correction for 4:10 gear, cable makes noise,
Odometer quit working 3 years ago - have complete extra speedo/odometer,
Drivers door lower hinge pin needs replaced - have door hinge repair kit;
Windows hard to roll up/down - have window roller repair kit for 2 doors,
Has a flex fan - never overheated on me - have regular 7 blade fan to replace,
Gas gauge not working.

I have put 300 miles on car before odometer quit. I have likely put another 300-400 miles on it since. I have many other pictures upon request. I am selling for more room and getting my ‘69 Roadrunner repainted (B5). Not looking for any trades whatsoever. Clear Ohio title in my name. $16,500. Thanks for looking.

IMG_5505.jpeg

IMG_5504.jpeg

IMG_5511.jpeg

IMG_5510.jpeg

IMG_5520.jpeg

IMG_5532.jpeg

IMG_5530.jpeg

IMG_5550.jpeg

IMG_5525.jpeg

IMG_5542.jpeg

CORRECTION: Description says I have build sheet and Certicard. I do not have build sheet. I do have fender tag and Certicard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back