• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1966 Dodge Coronet Post Sedan Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm selling my project to make way for another Mopar that is near and dear to me. 1966 Dodge Coronet post car - can be had with the stroked 383 (432CID) and rebuilt 727 with a new PTC converter, new everything. Clean Florida Title in my name.

Here's the thread on my progress so far:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1966-coronet-post-maximvs-iii.185652/
I will sell as a roller for $20K or with the motor/trans for $25K, I can negotiate a little but really, this car is NICE and ALL the hard work and expense is complete, read through the thread and if you have any questions, contact me via PM. I'm not selling parts, so I'm going to get that out front.

Chuck

Last edited:
Here's a pic just taken and some other ones.

Chuck

20211121_131311.jpg DSC_8329.jpg DSC_8331.jpg DSC_8336.jpg

Here's some details:
  • Fresh WW1 white (this was originally a white car and I used the 1966 stock WW color for it) paint, top and bottom. Rotisserie restored
  • Rust free body – original fenders, cowl, quarters, roof, trunk floor, doors
  • New complete front & rear floors, not just the pans
  • New 26” Radiator Core Support
  • New Inner Fenders
  • New Firewall
  • Freshly chromed front & rear bumpers by Tri-City – sandblasted and painted mounting brackets with new nuts/bolts including stainless bumper bolts.
  • New door handles
  • New door window channel wipers (whiskers)
  • Original side, wing and quarter glass completely polished out
  • New Front windshield and good used rear window with new seals front and rear
  • New tail light lenses, nice trim
  • Professionally restored variable speed wiper motor
  • Sled City hemi scoop
  • New Torque Thrust D’s (15x7’s), new rubber (215/70R15’s)
  • Rebuilt front suspension (PST kit) with 69 R/T torsion bars
  • New PST manual steering box & Pitman arm
  • Front and rear disc brakes with later model Ehrenberg master cylinder kit. Rear disc brake kit is stock e-brake length cables – will work with stock set up. Fronts are 74 A-Body conversion pieces, rear kit is Pirate Jacks. All new hoses and calipers.
  • 8-3/4” stock length rear housing with Richmond 3.91 gear set, 489 case with Sure-Grip and Dr. Diff Axles with longer studs.
  • Front and rear seats were completely rebuilt with new foams and bolsters, new dark blue vinyl. Front seat is a split bench. Came out really nice. The interior is set up for Dark Blue (original 1966 paint codes used on the dash and interior trim pieces).
  • Original 1966 only Wood Grain Steering Wheel with a NICE center bezel, no cracks – looks good.
  • New dark blue carpet
  • New pedal set (accelerator, brake, e-brake)
  • Fresh rebuild 727 auto tranny with a shift kit, new deep pan and filter extension
  • Restored column shift linkage from trans to engine
  • Restored kickdown linkage from trans to engine
  • New PTC torque converter
  • Rebuilt driveshaft with new u-joints and yoke
  • 432 CID stroked 383 (440 Source kit, H-beam rods, ICON forged pistons 0.030” over, forged crank STD. 11:1 compression, comp cams hydraulic cam (0.546” lift, 246* duration, 110* lobe center, installed at 104.5*) & lifter kit. Comp cams springs (outers installed for break-in, inners should be installed after break-in). Com Cams Pro-Magnum steel roller rockers (bushed, not roller bearings). New Stealth Heads, unported. Block was shot peened, squared & bored. Pistons are 0.006” down in the hole. New Hemi oil pan, pickup and composite windage tray for a stroker. New HV oil pump, Mop0ar Performance oil pump drive and new water pump with blasted water pump housing (iron not aluminum).
  • New MH wiring harnesses (engine, dash, trunk, column, all of it). Engine harness is set up for a Mopar electronic ignition.
  • New mopar electronic ignition box, coil, Accel wires, ballast resistor, regulator.
  • New Autometer gauges (street tach, mechanical oil, mechanical water & voltage).
  • Really nice set of Hooker 66-72 B-Body headers that will need coated/painted after break-in.
  • Blasted and painted Edelbrock DP4B dual plane intake manifold
  • New Edelbrock 800cfm Thunder Series (manual choke) carb with Edelbrock mopar linkage adapter.
  • Restored throttle linkage with a new cable
  • 68-69 unsilenced air cleaner with new filter
  • Polished Cal-Custom finned valve covers with new Fel-Pro fiber gaskets.
  • New gas tank, strap, j-bolt, 3/8" fuel pickup and fuel sender & 3/8" fuel lines with 3/8" frame clips
  • New transmission lines
  • Fresh 3 core brass/copper radiator. Rodded out and pressure tested.
There is more but you get the idea. It still needs a package tray, interior door panels, arm rests and headliner bows/headliner. It has a good instrument cluster.

Chuck

Last edited:
You can make this car anything you like, it's as close to a body-in-white as you're going to find in a 1966 Coronet post car. Drop in a hemi and go. Would make a great NSS car you can street as well.

Chuck

You can contact via PM
Chuck

Last edited:
Mounted the Tri-City Plating bumpers (these 1966 bumpers are a 1 year only deal, glad I kept the old bumpers now) to get them off the ground and out of harms way. Also installed the quarter panel tail light extensions. See pics.

Chuck

20211124_123602.jpg 20211124_123621.jpg 20211124_123713.jpg

Rolled the car out and collected all the parts together to make it easier for whoever finishes the car, see pics.

Chuck

DSC_8758.jpg DSC_8759.jpg DSC_8760.jpg DSC_8761.jpg DSC_8762.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back