• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 satellite convertible info and trim parts needed

earrll26

Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
I hot a 66 satellite convertible the interior had the red metallic buckets but the scroll was gold colored can't seem to find any info on this combo but have seen it in a pic online in a hardtop.also need the corner trim pieces for chrome around convertible top well.

Layson's sells repo corner pieces. Don't know quality? They are listed in vendors forum. Never seen scroll that's a different than seat. if you remove metal seat back is under that? Pictures?

I’ve seen this be different colors, but not on factory photos or back in the day. Question: are the door panels colored like that? And has it faded to a different color? Or was it made like that?

great idea, look underneath where it is covered and see what that looks like., like under the rear seat also.

I’ve seen this be different colors, but not on factory photos or back in the day. Question: are the door panels colored like that? And has it faded to a different color? Or was it made like that?

great idea, look underneath where it is covered and see what that looks like., like under the rear seat also.
The rear seats appear unmolested the fronts did have a cover over them.the door panels had been changed out at some point with felt material ones.the ones I seen online in other 66s the one with red and gold was a hemi car and the other had white seats with brown colone strips not sure what engine package

My 66 Satellite convertible interior P4T bottom row to the left of PP1. What does yours say?
tag4.JPG

Interesting topic.

Ive seen more than a few Satellite interiors that had the dark color scroll work and wondered which was right .
Mine is all red ,,,but its all from Lengendary maybe 20 years ago

20201025_123829.jpg

I've seen white soft parts fade to a tan/gold like color.

Not red, though.

On my gold seats the scroll work turned brown in sections. Really like to see under seat backs where there's no sun exposure. Think it could be sun exposure but is the car been in Canada all it life?

My gold scroll turned brown but not the seat. It's only 2 screws (I believe) to unhook seat back to look underneath seat back.
I was at @Layson's website and couldn't put anything in the cart? I'd call and see if they have them phone call is free. I sold all four pieces a few months ago.

The scroll is a different piece and much thicker, isn't it?

Auto Transport Service
Back