• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Dodge Charger Paint on Console

Charger Too

Local time
11:13 PM
Reaction score
What kind of paint can be used on the brushed aluminum by the gear shift? Or is best to leave it alone? However, mine looks bad even after hours of cleaning. Thanks!

How bad is yours? Picture?
I will send you a photo of mine tomorrow night. Who sells new ones? Classic Industries is not the correct one for my 1967 Dodge Charger. I have the black trim painted. Is there a paint available for the brushed aluminum? Thanks!

I will send you a photo of mine tomorrow night. Who sells new ones? Classic Industries is not the correct one for my 1967 Dodge Charger. I have the black trim painted. Is there a paint available for the brushed aluminum? Thanks!
Great, looking forward to seeing what you got. As for the paint, you could try that Krylon Dull Aluminum, me I would just switch it out. There are replacements and nice originals available. I think I have 2 or 3.

Great, looking forward to seeing what you got. As for the paint, you could try that Krylon Dull Aluminum, me I would just switch it out. There are replacements and nice originals available. I think I have 2 or 3.

IMG_2479 (002).jpg

Doesn't look bad from what I'm seeing! Nothing wrong with a slight original patina

Nothing wrong with that plate from what I can see. My original one that came with my car looked about the same as yours. A little more "aged" than yours and but happy with it. I am replacing it with another in about the same condition since I am adding a clock and did not want to cutup my original one. The replacement one has already been cut for a clock. I assume you also have a clock too?

Last edited:
Here is my console... I simply recovered the original with a thin self adhesive vinyl film. Available in numerous styles and colors, and can be purchased in sheets or rolls.
I did the same with the aluminum inserts on the door panels etc to match.

IMGP2386.jpg

IMGP2490-2.jpg

Here is my console... I simply recovered the original with a thin self adhesive vinyl film. Available in numerous styles and colors, and can be purchased in sheets or rolls.
I did the same with the aluminum inserts on the door panels etc to match.

View attachment 1632390

View attachment 1632391

Source of that film? Just in case someone else is interested.

I ordered a few different Gold textures from Amazon before deciding on any particular one. In the end I believe I went with this one, but as I said there are numerous styles, colors, and finishes available. I believe I may have toned or clear coated over the top of it as well, possibly both, but I don't recall at the moment.

I did mine in the brushed gold to match the new colors of my Chargers interior (Pearl White) and the Chassis (Performance White & Gold)
Hoping to get it back together and on the road again this year. I got rained out last year.

IMGP2500.jpg

IMG_7573.jpg

IMG_7578.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back