• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX Factory AC. I need help on where the box goes.

440sixpackracer

Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
I am installing a factory Air into a non Air 1967 GTX. I am in need of pictures of the AC box inside of the car. I need to know where the box is supposed to be installed. If some one could make a template of the fire wall that would be fantastic.

Thank you for the help.

Dwayne

Would be much easier to put a vintage air in it.
Most people swap firewalls to put the somewhat problematic factory stuff in

I am installing a factory Air into a non Air 1967 GTX. I am in need of pictures of the AC box inside of the car. I need to know where the box is supposed to be installed. If some one could make a template of the fire wall that would be fantastic.

Thank you for the help.

Dwayne
You can make a template from your a/c-heater box. In the template you will drill all your hose locations and mounting holes. Then look at members restorations and google firewalls for your application. This will give you some ideas. The box is going to be limited as to where it will fit and just looking under the dash will tell you a lot. Some of the dimples may be there for drains, hoses, mount studs. Do some reading and looking.

You can make a template from your a/c-heater box. In the template you will drill all your hose locations and mounting holes. Then look at members restorations and google firewalls for your application. This will give you some ideas. The box is going to be limited as to where it will fit and just looking under the dash will tell you a lot.
The gas pedal has allot to do with the placement of the box. I think I am close to where it goes. I would like to some kind of measurment as to the placement.

I just put the ac box back in my 1967 coronet.
and to get measurements with the box in and the engine in will be tough

The gas pedal has allot to do with the placement of the box. I think I am close to where it goes. I would like to some kind of measurment as to the placement.
Look for dimples that align with your mounting studs.

Installing factory system is far better than after market systems. A few changes highly recommended is switch out the v twin compressor and a cycle timer is needed for the sanden if you send me an email I’ll forward u instructions. Don’t worry about any issues with firewall very easy to modify and what engine are you running

I just put the ac box back in my 1967 coronet.
and to get measurements with the box in and the engine in will be tough
If you get an opportunity, Please measure a couple of the mounting bolts from the top of the engine bay and from the side of the fender well. Thank you.

If you get an opportunity, Please measure a couple of the mounting bolts from the top of the engine bay and from the side of the fender well. Thank you.
I will see if I can get some kind of accurate measurement this weekend

Installing factory system is far better than after market systems. A few changes highly recommended is switch out the v twin compressor and a cycle timer is needed for the sanden if you send me an email I’ll forward u instructions. Don’t worry about any issues with firewall very easy to modify and what engine are you running
I'd love to see any instructions. I have a 1971 Charger and have replaced my compressor with a Sanden, but nothing else hooked up. I was going to buy a universal condensor on Amazon as there's several to choose from. Then make up my lines. I'm a DIY and no pro, but want to give this a shot using the original equipment.

Auto Transport Service
Back