• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX

440Matt

Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
Back in 1985 i was 15 a Wisconsin boy looking for my first car, a muscle car. My Dads brother lived in Colorado and told us about all the rust free GTO and Chevelles he was seeing pop up for sale. Saved money cutting grass and washing windows, then went out there with my dad, found a sweet 67 GTO and drove it home. A week ago i located a survivor 1967 GTX and it happened to be in Colorado so we are heading out to drive a muscle car home again this coming Friday. This is my first Mopar and really am looking forward to it. Probably the last run with my 81 year old dad. But it won’t be the last Mopar. Next is a 1970 Super Bee or GTX

Welcome from Illinois Matt!! Best wishes with your 1st Mopar!

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Matt. Nice story and a good opportunity to spend time with your dad. May he have many more muscle car memories with you. As far as your first Mopar choice, you made a good one. The 1967 GTX is a very good looking car, and I have always admired the interior in them. These '66 and '67 B-bodies are still undervalued compared to later B- and E-bodies. The 440 is a powerful, good tempered engine, and these cars drive and cruise well. If you suspect I am partial to these cars, it is because I own a 1967 R/T.

Welcome from Alabama, great score, 66-67 B bodies are my favorites.
20200106_121619.jpg

Welcome to FBBO in classics rust-free (*sort of, mostly) heaven, NorCal Sierras

(the west coast Calif. when you get away from the ocean/water
valley & foothills & southwest states, have great mostly rust-free cars too,
we don't use salt on the roads 'here' (in Calif.) either
)

Some parts of Colorado have drier climates too
cool 1st MoPar project a 67 GTX, good luck

Welcome from PA. I think your choice of a GTX as your first Mopar is a wise one, but I'm probably a bit biased, having owned six of them over the last 45 years. That trip will make a great memory.

Welcome - 67 GTX's are wonderful cars, I've had a few - all the best and remember to have fun!!

Welcome, from another 67 GTX owner.

Welcome from Missouri!! You hold on tight to both, your dad and your first Mopar!.............. Let The Horses Run!!

Auto Transport Service
Back