• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968-1970 Charger outer wheelhouse

mpd659

Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
I am trying to install an Nos right side 68 Charger quarter panel with a good mark outer wheel house and the wheel house does not have the correct contour. Is an Amd any bettter? Does any one have any Nos outer wheel house for sale or used ones? I need left and right side.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the replacement sheet metal has extra material so you can trim to fit. If your minus steel you'll need to add some material. I know it sucks but somethings better than nothing. If you were able to find decent OEM parts you'll pay a fortune, but if moneys no object then by all means.. Good luck

i am not a amd guy by any means but the outer wheel house's from them do fit better

the b body repo outer wheelhouses all suck donkey nuts

they made the tooling off of a NOS 4dr wheelhouse which is different
because they didn't know any better.
instead of starting over, all they have done
is retool the part ,many times over.
there are at least 5 or 6 retooled versions out there that I know of.
I've seen 3 of them at once laid out in front of me . all different.

so nobody is going to be able to give you a real answer to your question
you will have to get the part and see for yourself.

Using a 4dr sample to develop 2dr product doesn't surprise me. In the late 90s I collected several NOS panels for my 70RR convertible, including quarter panel, dutchman, and fender. Around 2008, just before I started my resto, contacted AMD and spoke to one of their production engineers. Offered my NOS panels as die samples. He said they had no plans to reproduce convertible panels, one yr only, low production. Somewhat understandable. Said they were also not planning on 70B fenders as they are one yr only. I see they offer 68B and 69B repro fenders, also one yr only, but not 70B. Odd business model.

I bought a pair and they wouldn't fit
I tried to return them and they gave me a big run around.
I talked to someone who happened to
Know one of the people who owns AMD
And he called me and told me this info about the part and gave me credit For my return.
He knew what the deal was

That's all I wanted because I moved on
To doing what I have done for decades before
Go find a original one and I did.

Last edited:
Some of the replacement sheet metal has extra material so you can trim to fit. If your minus steel you'll need to add some material. I know it sucks but somethings better than nothing. If you were able to find decent OEM parts you'll pay a fortune, but if moneys no object then by all means.. Good luck

The problem is you are short material
In places
And you have to add on a bunch
Unless you leave a huge gap
Like so many do
Been there and done it and wasted a lot of time on it.

It's better then nothing
Just. Be prepared for some modifications

Ok. Thanks everyone for the replies. I have also had grief with an Amd rocker panel that didn’t fit and the person from Amd said my car must have been wrecked. I ended up getting a used rocker and it fit. For what you pay for this aftermarket stuff it should fit better than it does. I threw the Amd rocker in the iron pile because Amd wouldn’t refund my money.

Russ

Auto Transport Service
Back